Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Last time. If you're forcing 90 degree air into a closed live well what do you think is going to happen? If you're pumping in 86 degree water into 86 degree water what is going to happen? Good for the person who created these things and then were able to sell it off to TH-Marine though.
    We get it. You the smartest man ever and we are dumb for buying a product that works.

2. Member
    An updated version should have a pop up center like a tub drain. Pop it up for a run, to catch even more oxygen. Pop it down for fishing so it’s not a tripping hazard.

Last time. If you're forcing 90 degree air into a closed live well what do you think is going to happen? If you're pumping in 86 degree water into 86 degree water what is going to happen? Good for the person who created these things and then were able to sell it off to TH-Marine though.
    You prove the "can't fix stupid" saying is actually true since you can't be fixed lol.

I would think everyone could agree that venting an enclosed space in extreme heat would be a benefit. Regardless if the vents do or do not change the water temp level.
    Its one of the cheapest widgets that is available for us to have for our expensive toy. Guy asked if they worked. Those of us who have had them all seem to have seen with our own eyes that they DO improve the live well environment for the fish.
    What baffles me are the ones on here with NO experience none with them at all wanting to debate this.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    I have no experience with these vents. I have no informed opinion one way or the other. Not trying to debate the pros or cons of this product. I am just one who has never needed the product. Obviously forcing moving air over the water surface in the livewell may be beneficial. My recirc pumps improve dissolved oxygen whether I'm running on plane or sitting still. I don't think these pumps do anything for harmful gases. I'm not informed about what these harmful gases are or the harmful level of them. Beyond that I have no clue.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Not only do the vents create airflow (much like putting the windows down in your car) but fish also let off an extreme amount of ammonia and other gasses that are stuck inside your closed livewell. These vents keep fresh air revolving, I cannot see the harm!

My boat has no recirculate pump, it simply pumps water in and it goes out the overflow. It’s a plain jane livewell and I’m sure that adding these vents would help. Luckily I haven’t lost a fish that wasn’t already damaged, like gut hooked, hooked in the tongue, etc.

Choices are good! I’d like to add them but if you don’t want to...don’t.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    That's the thing I guess I wasn't aware of. Didn't realize the fish release harmful unhealthy gases. In that case a breeze flowing through there would be helpful no doubt.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    They work at releasing the gasses and ammonia. They won't cool the water down, but they do help maintain temps due to heat rising. Basscat live wells are some of the best, but the stainless steel latches on older models were adding some extra heat to the live wells and step up cooler, that's why they started using the external latches. Like said above a couple times they aren't that expensive compared to other gadgets we waste our money on. I have them and they flat out work. As far being a trip hazard, they are soft enough to where that isn't a problem. I think a lot of people are bashing them because they didn't think of something like this long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    I would think everyone could agree that venting an enclosed space in extreme heat would be a benefit. Regardless if the vents do or do not change the water temp level.
    Its one of the cheapest widgets that is available for us to have for our expensive toy. Guy asked if they worked. Those of us who have had them all seem to have seen with our own eyes that they DO improve the live well environment for the fish.
    What baffles me are the ones on here with NO experience none with them at all wanting to debate this.
    I have had them for over three years and there is no measurable benefit at all. I would not purchase them again or recommend them
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

11. Member
    Totally agree with Randy on this. I install them on each year’s boat.

12. Member
    When it gets so hot you cant stand barefooted on the deck, this 120+ degree surface is what you are slowly heating you livewell water up to. Venting 96 degree air into an oven keeps it cooler while removing bad gasses. And the drker your livewell lid covers, the hotter it is.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    When it gets so hot you cant stand barefooted on the deck, this 120+ degree surface is what you are slowly heating you livewell water up to. Venting 96 degree air into an oven keeps it cooler while removing bad gasses. And the drker your livewell lid covers, the hotter it is.
    My livewell lids are insulated. Carpet can be roasting, under side of lid is cooler than ambient.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    It would be very simple to get a 3rd party to test these and provide a before/after scientific benefits analysis. I asked them about this years ago when they 1st came out. Crickets......
    "Yes. We did our own testing over two years. Dr. Adrian Lawler PhD did independent testing for us. You can contact Gene Gilliland to confirm his testing.

Testing for oxygen and gases was done in boats that had two side by side livewells but did not share water or air space. V-T2 (experiment) in one livewell lid and one (control) without. In repeated testing the control livewell with out the V-TV2 tested higher in air space temperature, water temperature, lower oxygen levels and higher CO2. We used Fluke temperature meters and for the most in accuracy of DO and CO2 we did double testing with chemicals. Meters are often inaccurate."

This was also posted by VT-2 years ago...

15. Member
    Wonder if they do anything about all the nitrogen?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Wonder if they do anything about all the nitrogen?
    They vent gas through, it does not have the ability to pick which gases it vents, it just exchanges fresh air for whatever gas is building up in the livewell.

I am not sure if nitrogen is a concerning one anyways because the fresh air you breath is over 70% Nitrogen..

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    "Yes. We did our own testing over two years. Dr. Adrian Lawler PhD did independent testing for us. You can contact Gene Gilliland to confirm his testing.

Testing for oxygen and gases was done in boats that had two side by side livewells but did not share water or air space. V-T2 (experiment) in one livewell lid and one (control) without. In repeated testing the control livewell with out the V-TV2 tested higher in air space temperature, water temperature, lower oxygen levels and higher CO2. We used Fluke temperature meters and for the most in accuracy of DO and CO2 we did double testing with chemicals. Meters are often inaccurate."

This was also posted by VT-2 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I have had them for over three years and there is no measurable benefit at all. I would not purchase them again or recommend them
    So you didn't notice that you no longer have foam buildup clinging to the sides of your livewell or that when you open the lid to take fish out you don't get the blast of hot stinky air? Do you actually use your livewell?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    So you didn't notice that you no longer have foam buildup clinging to the sides of your livewell or that when you open the lid to take fish out you don't get the blast of hot stinky air? Do you actually use your livewell?
    I use my livewell all the time. I've never seen any kind of "foam" in there, nor hot stinky air when I open them. I do leave my livewells on auto, which brings in fresh lake water every 2-3 minutes. My lids are insulated, so there is no heat transfer from the top of the lids. I'll also open the livewell constantly throughout the day to add fish, cull, check on them after every run.

The only people with issues like you describe are probably those that fill it once and leave the same water in there all day.

20. Banned
    before I installed my V2 vents I had a foam in the livewell all the time.. Now since I installed them I do not have the foam.. I do remember losing one or two fish before the install and none since then...Do they Help? I believe so but that's just me..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast