Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    put vents in 2 years ago after loosing 2 fish in a really hot derby, since I have not lost one and they are so lively its hard to get them in the bag, no foam in water and no gas smell , 9$ for 2 , I think it helps

2. Member
    I have had mine for several years and I am 100% sure that they do help the fish in my live wells. Boat is a Legend Alpha 211.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    I saved $40 and just put 2 3" plastic drain covers in my livewell. Sure they don't have the fancy cut at the top to pull and push air but my fish are 100× more lively now after a day than the were before I put the vents in
    Great idea, however I am sure you get back splash all the time as your drain is not designed to keep the water in the livewell like the V2 is.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    wouldnt own a boat without them , they work PERIOD!

I have been using the V-T2 vents since they first came out. I have installed them on every boat since then and now on my 4th boat and if and when I get another boat they will get installed on it too. Extremely happy with them, they work very well. After installing there is nothing else you have to do with them they are always working. Have 3 buddy's that have them and they all are happy with them as well
    Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Great idea, however I am sure you get back splash all the time as your drain is not designed to keep the water in the livewell like the V2 is.
    In extremely rough water a small amount can splash out but nothing to ever be concerned about. I hate spending extra money when it's not necessary and I can come up with a cheaper option that give me the same results

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I use my livewell all the time. I've never seen any kind of "foam" in there, nor hot stinky air when I open them. I do leave my livewells on auto, which brings in fresh lake water every 2-3 minutes. My lids are insulated, so there is no heat transfer from the top of the lids. I'll also open the livewell constantly throughout the day to add fish, cull, check on them after every run.

The only people with issues like you describe are probably those that fill it once and leave the same water in there all day.

Everyone I know that fishes in the summer has these issues and we're not just putting 5 fish in our livewells all at once and never opening the lid again all day. Holy crap, where do you guys come from?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post

Everyone I know that fishes in the summer has these issues and we're not just putting 5 fish in our livewells all at once and never opening the lid again all day. Holy crap, where do you guys come from?
    Maybe it's your water, but I've never had foam in my livewell. Ever. Nor have my livewells become overly hot. Maybe it's your livewell. Triton livewell's are pretty good about bringing in a constant supply of fresh water and air.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Maybe it's your water, but I've never had foam in my livewell. Ever. Nor have my livewells become overly hot. Maybe it's your livewell. Triton livewell's are pretty good about bringing in a constant supply of fresh water and air.
    Posts number 14, 17 and 57 all mention no more foam. We're all running different boats from different parts of the country and have the same issue but it's just my boat or water? Nbd man, I love mine and know they work, I'm out.

10. Member
    Before the vents came out, I had foam and ammonia in every boat I had ever owned. Allison, Ranger, Cobra, about a dozen Skeeters, Phoenix and have always pumped fresh water on timer all day in all my boats. It's like banging your head against a brick wall around here. It's the best 40 bucks you can invest in your boat if you tournament fish. An added plus is your livewells don't get funky days afterwards when you leave spit up shad in em because they're vented.

11. Member
    If they worked so well and were needed why don't any of the boat manufacturers have them installed as original equipment or offered as an option?
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 08-03-2021 at 01:14 PM.

12. Member
    WELL I bought them but haven't installed them yet and do fish a lot of tournaments , But as the above said why don't they install them in the newer boats with all the bells and whistles . I offended thought about that and also watch the elites looking to see if they have them But never can see them so maybe they are good down south where it does get hot but up north gets hot at times and I weight the fish in our opens and club tournaments and the fish are all pretty active and I get the boat battle thats a Ranger live well or a Skeeter livewell and of course Nitro SO am I ready to drill 2 holes in my livewell lids I don't know yet But keeping an eye on this forum Thanks

13. Member
    I installed them several years ago and I like them. I have never had anyone trip over them, so I think they're safe. The installation was easy too. If I purchased another boat, I'd more than likely install another pair. As to why new boats don't have them installed, I'm curious about that as well.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    If they worked so well and were needed why don't any of the boat manufacturers have them installed as original equipment or offered as an option?
    Just spit balling here.

If they struck a deal with any major boat manufacturer, they would come to a pricing agreement. The boat manufacturer would tell them, "Look, we respect that you can sell these direct to consumer for $40, but we know this molded part only costs you $2 to mold, and we are requesting you don't put any labor into packaging, just send us a pallet full. We will give you $5 a set." Then not only do they have to deal with the huge costs of upscaling production, but also being bullied into huge margin cuts that they are not willing to make.

^^^^tell them what they won Johnny!
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Just spit balling here.

If they struck a deal with any major boat manufacturer, they would come to a pricing agreement. The boat manufacturer would tell them, "Look, we respect that you can sell these direct to consumer for $40, but we know this molded part only costs you $2 to mold, and we are requesting you don't put any labor into packaging, just send us a pallet full. We will give you $5 a set." Then not only do they have to deal with the huge costs of upscaling production, but also being bullied into huge margin cuts that they are not willing to make.
    Something about nail... hammer...head... Oh, nailed it.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Most new boats have this already, just in a different way. I know Blazer's have direct vents next to the driver's seat and BCB have something as well I think.

18. Member
    Just spit balling here.

Could be but what you describe is a lot of maybe!

Just spit balling here.

That makes a lot of sense.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Could be but what you describe is a lot of maybe!
    There is more truth to this than you realize. I used to work for a manufacturing facility making farm equipment and we made our own hydraulic hoses using Gates fittings and hose. I think the the machine was even Gates branded. Fittings came in boxes of 100 count somewhere around 10 cents a piece +/- a few depending on what type, hose came by the roll, 150 feet being the shortest to 300 ft for the smaller hose. In all, most hoses cost us just a few dollars to make. I had to go repair a machine in the field and ended up having to buy a hose for $40 some odd dollars from the local parts house. Before you ask, it was closer than driving back to the plant 3 hours away and standard practice to do so. The brand of hose I got? Gates, shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard. The point is what manufacturers demand is a far cry from what gets sold to the public. In a niche market like this, VT2's profit margin is probably already slim.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast