Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Hahaha got some reactions didn't I,,,,.

2. Banned
    I saved $40 and just put 2 3" plastic drain covers in my livewell. Sure they don't have the fancy cut at the top to pull and push air but my fish are 100× more lively now after a day than the were before I put the vents in

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I wouldn't own a boat without them.....

4. Member
    It does help but you need to periodically need to clean your livewells.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Make sure you install them correctly. The diagram on their website used to show that one side would let in oxygen and the other side would release Carbon Dioxide. They are an amazing technology.

And they lower the temperatue in the compartment they are installed it. I've thought about putting them in the top of my son's expensive cooler.
    Huh? 🤨

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay74 View Post
    It does help but you need to periodically need to clean your livewells.
    Definitely keep them clean. Another tip, remove the lids and install them off the boat. Saves a big mess.

7. mikesxpress
    It would be very simple to get a 3rd party to test these and provide a before/after scientific benefits analysis. I asked them about this years ago when they 1st came out. Crickets......

8. Member
    I believe that livewells that are poorly designed may be the problem. If a venturi system uses outside air instead of air from inside the livewell it pushes air out of the livewell whenever it is in operation.

They used to make outside air venturi nozzles. Now I think a lot of them pulls air from right at the nozzle, inside the livewell.

In any event, they have tests done to pure oxygen systems. They have them for the Oxygenator. They could test the VT-2 system too. IMO they would find that against a proper venturi system it would not do anything.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins

I have to ask why do the Boat manufacture not put similar devices in?

Next I need to calm my fish down, I don't need them any more lively. but my livewells are gunnel to gunnel my kid could sit legs out flat in them and I would turn the pumps on when he was little. Its tuff to cull those bastards as it is........

10. Member
    Maybe they work, maybe they don't. I have turned $50 into piss before.

They work, end of story. Won't own a boat without them, I've installed 3 sets.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Maybe they work, maybe they don't. I have turned $50 into piss before.
    IMG_1690.JPG

13. Member
    I’ve had them for years. Don’t know if they work or not but I haven’t had any dead’s either.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    It would be very simple to get a 3rd party to test these and provide a before/after scientific benefits analysis. I asked them about this years ago when they 1st came out. Crickets......
    I can definitely back up 3rd party testing when it comes to making claims of safety (thinking of the Leash), but I don't think at this point in this product's evolution it would be beneficial. That would be a great tool to get your name out there, but their names are already out there, and basically monopolizing the "non powered livewell air circulation/vent system" market. I think it would be throwing money down the drain for them. I would guess there are very very few people with the stance of "I would buy these, but they don't have 3rd party testing." For $50, I think the amount of reviews from other users is enough to draw your own conclusion. Do you ask for 3rd party testing of the fishing line you use to make sure the manufacturer claims of 20lb test are accurate?

15. Member
    I have had them on my last 2 boats I think they work.

16. Banned
    comes up like every 2 years

17. Member
    I like mine and would get another set if I ever sold my boat.

Another believer here....had them on my last boat and my new one as well. They lower the stagnant hot air in the wells in the blazing summer. They also allow for increased air volume when running down the lake.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

19. Member
    I installed them a couple of years ago after losing 2 fish during a tournament. Never figured out why the fish died, but figured it couldn't hurt to install them. Haven't lost a fish since, and as an added bonus, I can always hear my pumps running so I don't have to think about it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    I installed them a couple of years ago after losing 2 fish during a tournament. Never figured out why the fish died, but figured it couldn't hurt to install them. Haven't lost a fish since, and as an added bonus, I can always hear my pumps running so I don't have to think about it.
    Always forget to mention that

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast