Question Ranger Warranty and Installation of Trim Tabs- is there an issue?

Does anyone have insight into the validity of Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop's assertion, that trim tabs cannot be installed on a 2021 Ranger VX 1888 (Aluminum Boat with an Outboard), without 'voiding the warranty'? I just took delivery. This seems silly, as trim tabs would help the handling characteristics of the boat and there are plenty of minimally invasive commercial-off-the-shelf products which seem to be available? There is conflicting information from the management and the installers, as to 'whether or not this is true'.

It would seem reasonable to ask Ranger directly, but there appears to be no customer-manufacturer lines of communications available to ask the question.

Thanks,

Mike R

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The aluminum warranty statement is as follows: https://www.rangerboats.com/content/...20warranty.pdf

There is some language there pertaining to warranty only on items installed and/or manufactured by Ranger. Also some language pertaining to non-OEM alterations. I draw no conclusions.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thanks- agree...hard to tell....

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    https://www.rangerboats.com/contact.html

Looks like a customer-manufacturer line of communication to me.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR1891 View Post
    Does anyone have insight into the validity of Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop's assertion, that trim tabs cannot be installed on a 2021 Ranger VX 1888 (Aluminum Boat with an Outboard), without 'voiding the warranty'? I just took delivery. This seems silly, as trim tabs would help the handling characteristics of the boat and there are plenty of minimally invasive commercial-off-the-shelf products which seem to be available? There is conflicting information from the management and the installers, as to 'whether or not this is true'.

It would seem reasonable to ask Ranger directly, but there appears to be no customer-manufacturer lines of communications available to ask the question.

Thanks,

Mike R

I had researched trim tab installation on my Z20 and it wasn't permitted. Apparently there needs to be additional reinforcing added to the transom areas during the original build process to permit trim tab installation. Ranger includes this in their Intracoastal models.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

6. mikesxpress
    Can't just "add" trim tabs. The pressure the tabs exert on the mounting areas is substantial and the boat OEM builds up the transom in those areas to accommodate that load.
    Example: My Z21 Intracoastal has an additional 2" of reinforcement in the tab area that the standard carpeted Z21's don't.