Z522D owners step inside....

Kicking the idea around about getting a "new" boat and the Z522D is high on the list. We will be fishing the great lakes and St Lawerance river so this hull should be a perfect fit. Those of you that have owned this boat for a few years what are the CONS of the boat? What years were they made? A 250 performs well on this hull? Any input on this hull would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Evinrude 250

2. Member
    Found one last month after looking for a few yrs. Great boat for big water. Maybe 2015 or 2016-2019. Mine has a Pro XS 250 4stroke and plenty fast for where i fish. Very hard to find boat. My previous 521L would do anything this boat does but the 522D does it more comfortably. Esp on Erie

3. Member
    I have a 2010 z522 not sure about the D assuming thats dual console? Which mine is.
    But i love it, has the yamaha sho250 on it, but flashed to the 300.
    It will run into the 70s honestly i have had it a couple months and im still getting comfortable with it! So i havent stretched it out all the way yet.
    Big boat, but i fish around structure with it no problem, jumps on plane within a second, ive got on plane in a foot and half of water. Front deck is huge.
    I really like mine so far, handles big rough water very very well!!
    Im waiting for that rough windy day, furing a tournament when i can stay out deep and just eat that rough water and the smaller boats have to run and hide lol.

You wont be disappointed, i would def buy a 250 and have it flashed to a 300 if you fish tournaments, because they wont let you run a 300 in most tournaments, but if not then just go with a 300.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The Z522D is a totally different hull from the Z522, just so there’s no confusion. Think Z522 top cap on a 622 [multi-species] hull. Much, much deeper and heavier than the bass hulls.

5. Member
    Ahhhh gotcha
    Was wondering why i kept seeing guys with 22d saying is wouldn't run in skinny water lol i was like i can get in under a ft a water and on plane in a ft or so.
    Thanks for info

so the one i was on ran great. It had a verado and did well. Other then the higher fuel consumption because its like a bread truck compared to a smaller hull its great.
    Ryan Bauman 2019 Ranger 520C 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke