Inflation, Interest Rates and Unemployment

Very interesting video on the projections. Makes me think that this is what the bond market is signaling or maybe not, who knows

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I like the way he models. He makes a good case for inflation being transitory. I wonder how his employment model will look after all our extra unemployment benefits run out. I think there might be alot more fast recovery left and less slow recovery. But that goes into my thoughts on inflation. If we get a spike in employment in the fall, what does that do on the demand side. If supply hasn't caught up yet to the current situation, it may take even longer down the road we everyone returning to work.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I like the way he models. He makes a good case for inflation being transitory. I wonder how his employment model will look after all our extra unemployment benefits run out. I think there might be alot more fast recovery left and less slow recovery. But that goes into my thoughts on inflation. If we get a spike in employment in the fall, what does that do on the demand side. If supply hasn't caught up yet to the current situation, it may take even longer down the road we everyone returning to work.
    If we add in an infrastructure bill I would have to think this would put more stress on suppliers. My big concern is we get a big hurricane that does damage at a time where we have serious supply shortages. My insurance went up 30% this year based on the rise in material prices and the potential increase in costs to repair or re construct.