Duckett Wheeler series

Looking for feedback on Jacob Wheeler series rods. Pros and cons etc

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll get many favorable reviews on any Duckett rod from BBC members. Seems the earlier generation of Duckett rods had lots of problems with broken rods and rod guides. Personally, I own 7 Duckett Micro Pros at present and they've been great with no problems. Pros for me are light weight, sensitivity, balance, and feel great in my hand. Overall, I've had very good customer service from Duckett. I broke two rods with my car door, all my fault, and replacement was easy, fast, and I only had to pay the warranty replacement fee.

I haven't tried the Wheeler Series but I've used a Ghost model for a couple years and did not like it at all. I recently bought a Pro Series and it's ok, but seems heavier than the Micro Magic and doesn't feel right in my hand.

For $10-$20 more, be sure to at least check out the Micro Magic line and compare it to the Wheeler rods.
    Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 07-21-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

3. Member
    Of all the Ducketts I have owned, the Wheeler series was my least favorite. Not that they were bad rods, just seemed to me they were a bit stiffer than the other series with the same rating. I only have one Duckett left, and original Micro Magic that I have never had an issue with. The Micro Magic and Triad series were my favorites of the Ducketts.

4. Member
    Hmm that’s interesting. I figured Wheeler had top notch gear. But I also understand a sponsorship. I’m not sold on em but wanted to know from those who have spent the money if it was worth it. Thanks

5. Member
    Many "signature" products are not actually designed to be the best - they are designed to hit key retail price points for the major retailers. I'm sure Wheeler is paid on a percentage of those sales so he wants them to be more affordable.

6. Member
    The JW series of rods are a great rod for the price point. The 7’3 medium heavy is my favourite bladed jig rod. Great rods for the price and i haven’t had any issues so far. 7’6 is a little softer great Trig and light flipping rod.

7. Member
    Ttranger you hit that right on point. And Wheeler better be getting paid. He really does put in the work.
    dink the 7’3” along with 2 or 3 others are out of stock so ppl seems to like those the best. I might give a try. Who knows I might do a whole you tube series on every rod. Time is money and both are thin.

newer stuff is junk. all of it
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

9. Member
    I have two Wheeler series rods one baitcaster and one spinning both have been dependable and come in at a decent price point, I also have a few Triad series rods that I have had great luck with, I'd recommend either series they've been durable and have decent feel without breaking the bank
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

10. Member
    My buddy has a Wheeler Series rod & likes it. Feel pretty good to me although i haven't actually fished it.

11. Member
    Appreciate the feed back