Thread: Garmin GT36

Garmin GT36

I was looking at buying a GT36 and wanted to find out if it's worth purchasing? I would like some feedback from someone that has one. I currently have the GT30.

Thanks

The GT30 is a good performing transducer, but the added UHD frequency with the GT36 simply adds another option that in most cases does provide enhanced clarity and detail. I have both the GT30 and GT36 mounted on my boat, and I never run the GT30.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm on the same fence also....have the GT30 and would swap over to the GT36 but right now, i'm working more than fishing so i'm not seeing a need to swap them out plus i would need to get another TSS bracket which adds $$ to it......

From looking at pics and videos, do i think it would be worth it, I believe so.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Not only do I not run the GT30 anymore, my all time Garmin favorite, the GT50, is sitting in the garage. Once you use the GT56 or GT36 I don't think you can go back.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger!

6. Member
    I thought my boat was coming with the 54. It ended up with the 36, and so far, I like just as good as my old 3 in 1 for SI and 10X better for DI.

7. Member
    It was worth it for me... absolutely no complaints, finally don't feel like I'm missing things