Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I would not mind seeing them come to one of my local lakes, Table Rock, Grand, or Beaver. 80 guys fishing a few days doesn't make a dent in the overall pressure that exists, so I'm not worried about them ruining the lake. I like seeing how they do and what tactics they use to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I would not mind seeing them come to one of my local lakes, Table Rock, Grand, or Beaver. 80 guys fishing a few days doesn't make a dent in the overall pressure that exists, so I'm not worried about them ruining the lake. I like seeing how they do and what tactics they use to catch them.

Surprised they do not go to Grand more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Surprised they do not go to Grand more often.
    Yeah same here.

4. Member
    Hilarious..
    I bet those cities welcome the exposure/revenue they receive from those big tournaments!!
    They could care less if locals, cringe at the pros fishing their secret honey holes?? The local Weekend and Weeknight tournaments over a year do more damage to the resource than the Elites..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    “Let’s Separate the Men from the Boys” Tour

Feb. 10-13, Okeechobee Clewiston, Fla.
    Feb. 17-20, Kissimmee Chain, Kissimmee, Fla.
    March 4-6, Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Classic presented by Huk, Tennessee River, Knoxville, Tenn
    March 17-20, Lake Gaston, Littleton, N.C.

April 7-10, Potomac River, Washington D.C.
    May 19-22, St. Lawrence River/1000 Islands, Clayton, N.Y.
    June 2-5, The Three Rivers, Pittsburgh, PA
    July 14-17, Lake Erie, Cleveland, OH
    Aug. 4-7, Lake Michigan, Green Bay, Wis

Aug. 18-21, Lake Oahe, Mobridge, S.D.
    Aug. 26-29, Lake Mead, Las Vegas, NV
    You can't do SLR in May unless you want it to be a pike or walleye tournament. You can't keep bass in a livewell until the the third Saturday in June. .
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noenvybu View Post
    Hilarious..
    I bet those cities welcome the exposure/revenue they receive from those big tournaments!!
    They could care less if locals, cringe at the pros fishing their secret honey holes?? The local Weekend and Weeknight tournaments over a year do more damage to the resource than the Elites..
    Correct it's not the Elites themselves affecting the fishing. It's all the extra local pressure plus the non-local tournaments and vacationers that show up as the result of the tournament exposure. I can't blame people, who wouldn't want to catch fish like they show the pros catching? I wouldn't call it damage, but there is no denying all the extra fishing pressure affects the fish making them harder to catch. I've seen it happen on multiple lakes. The fish are still there and you can catch them really good in the spring and fall but it's much harder to catch them in the summer than it was in the past before the fishing pressure exploded.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    Correct it's not the Elites themselves affecting the fishing. It's all the extra local pressure plus the non-local tournaments and vacationers that show up as the result of the tournament exposure. I can't blame people, who wouldn't want to catch fish like they show the pros catching? I wouldn't call it damage, but there is no denying all the extra fishing pressure affects the fish making them harder to catch. I've seen it happen on multiple lakes. The fish are still there and you can catch them really good in the spring and fall but it's much harder to catch them in the summer than it was in the past before the fishing pressure exploded.
    Brandon, its still one of the best states in the country for bass fishing........

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Same thing happened to Mille Lacs after back to back AOY events....local friends tell me it's now 90% out of state plates every weekend
    Truth. I've never seen so many plates from AR and OK in my life outside of being in those states.

Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Truth. I've never seen so many plates from AR and OK in my life outside of being in those states.
    We see the same just in reverse on Rayburn, Toledo Bend and Fork. Especially in spring.

I am surprised they don't go to Grand more often.

11. Member
    Someone mentioned Canyon Lake in Texas, I can't imagine an Elite tournament on Canyon Lake !!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    in reality there aren’t enough locations that provide the lake, weighin location, and expo location to only go to a place once every 10 years. It also cuts down on possible locations farther when you consider that the location has to pony up financially to get BASS there. It takes a significant sized venue to hold the expo.
    Lake Murray (Columbia) or Santee (Charleston) could qualify.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    You can't do SLR in May unless you want it to be a pike or walleye tournament. You can't keep bass in a livewell until the the third Saturday in June. .
    Can't even target them, no C&R season on the SLR. There is in other parts of NY.

14. Member
    I was talking with John Cox after they announced the schedule and he said he is liking it. Early March on Hartwell will be good. There will be a lot of different patterns going on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456