Mounting Electronics on a Cobra 201D

The dash is small and busy on the 201d. What are you all using to mount duel units (9 or 10” Garmins) on your 201D?

I mounted a Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 2 buttons unit on my dash. The whole unit is about the size of a 10" newer unit. I used a piece of plastic bender boarder, the type for landscaping. I cut it to fit behind windshield and mounted it to the top of dash using the hole pattern on the graph bracket. Bolted it all up. No problems. I needed to raise it 1.5 inches. The corners of the graph do rub a little on the windshield. I needed something that wouldn't rot and was inexpensive. And its hidden by windshield. I'm sure you can find a mount, just be sure to reinforce the underside of dash to handle the weight.
    Irving-NorCal
    2000 Cobra Viper 201 DC
    2024 Mercury 250L Pro XS SN# 3B431534
    Fury 3 Blade 24P

3. Member
    I fabricated a spacer out of PVC board available at Home Depot or Lowes to fill in the part of the top of the console that is closest the bow. This allows you to mount the trunnion bracket somewhat away from the windshield and gives the display unit clearance from the windshield. Here are a few pics that should make it a little clearer. Then you can just screw the trunnion bracket right through the spacer and into the glassed wood in the console top. I recessed a few screws to screw the spacer in first before mounting the trunnion.IMG_2430.jpgIMG_2429.jpgIMG_2428.jpgIMG_2427.jpg

4. Member
    Forgot to mention that the cradle in the photos is for a Garmin Echomap UHD 93SV, which is 9"