Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro Guide Lithium Batteries

I know BCB has been cautious with regard to Lithium Batteries but noticed ProGuide Lithium Batteries were installed in the new Puma STS for the trolling motor. I also noticed a Trojan AGM for the cranking battery which I know are good.

Why did BCB choose Pro Guide over the others out there? I will be in the market for new TM batteries next year.

Stealth-2022-11-scaled.jpg
    Last edited by 06 SB; 07-28-2021 at 05:42 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Member
    Pro Guide cranking batteries from the factory died within a year in both my Caracals. Dealer installs the other batteries. I wouldn’t spend $$ on a Pro Guide Lithium that’s for sure.
    2021 Falcon F20 Predator
    2021 Mercury 250 ProXS

I have his AGM batteries that were originally in the boat that I bought from him that are still going strong after 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JLeon77 View Post
    Pro Guide cranking batteries from the factory died within a year in both my Caracals. Dealer installs the other batteries. I wouldn’t spend $$ on a Pro Guide Lithium that’s for sure.
    I have a proguide agm in mine from 2019?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    Nevermind the batteries, what is the Puma STS? Never, nevermind, saw it on Facebook!
    Last edited by JPeesy; 07-20-2021 at 05:14 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPeesy View Post
    Nevermind the batteries, what is the Puma STS? Never, nevermind, saw it on Facebook!
    New wide body 2022 puma soft touch series hull. Aka one of 3 new designs rolled out at the dealer meetings.

Battle born batteries went on sale. $150 off per battery in the 12v 100AH. Some others are as well. I have 3 of the 100 ah. 10 year warranty
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555

We haven’t had many problems with the Pro Guide AGM batteries and they will warranty them long distance.

As for their lithium, yes we think they’ve done their homework. They have a separate case inside the case, that snaps in place to secure the lithium cells and solder plate. The BMS is a durable PC board and parts, plus they are developing more features. We have not gone to a lithium before this and we are comfortable with the option.

9. Member
    I talked in depth with one of the reps from pro guide at the meeting. I 100% agree with BCB they have done their homework and are producing a very good product. The way that battery is designed it can be worked on (by them of course) relatively easy and somewhat inexpensive. That’s if something went wrong outside of the warranty.
    they are also working on other products but from our conversation they are keeping in mind the battery treys that bcb uses (best in the biz) to make sure with whatever they design it will fit. Which is a problem with other companies and their 36v battery can not be secured in the current treys.

10. Member
    Never had any problem with Pro-Guide. I also looked at the new Lithium offering last week and I am comfortable with all of the extra measures that Pro Guide has done. I will buying my first Lithium from them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    I talked in depth with one of the reps from pro guide at the meeting. I 100% agree with BCB they have done their homework and are producing a very good product. The way that battery is designed it can be worked on (by them of course) relatively easy and somewhat inexpensive. That’s if something went wrong outside of the warranty.
    they are also working on other products but from our conversation they are keeping in mind the battery treys that bcb uses (best in the biz) to make sure with whatever they design it will fit. Which is a problem with other companies and their 36v battery can not be secured in the current treys.
    I'm not sure about other 36 volt batteries but Lithium Pro 36 volts fit the tray in my Lynx just fine. Yes, BCB trays are top notch.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proptwister View Post
    I'm not sure about other 36 volt batteries but Lithium Pro 36 volts fit the tray in my Lynx just fine. Yes, BCB trays are top notch.
    pro guide isn’t offering a 36v battery at this time but have that in the works. And I’m glad that they do. I have seen other batteries that they can’t utilize the tray the was it was meant

13. Member
    I’m really impressed with the new Lithium Pros 215ah cranking battery that is equivalent to 3 group 31 AGM batteries.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    I’m really impressed with the new Lithium Pros 215ah cranking battery that is equivalent to 3 group 31 AGM batteries.
    How much is that, $24k? Lol

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    How much is that, $24k? Lol
    I believe it’s a little under $3k. Might have to wait until there’s another John Crews discount code or get a hookup again from a previous pro staffer.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

16. Member
    I would never want a single 36 volt battery for the troller. If away, and in an urgent situation (tournament, vacation, etc.) where your battery goes south, you are out of commission until you get home and get another battery delivered to you. If you have three single 12 volt batteries and one gives out, at least you can find a quick replacement wherever you are to get you through. Not to mention that you need a special charger for the single 36 volt battery.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

17. Member
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does BCB sell/build with a Lithium cranking battery as an option?
    2023 Puma STS

Not a lithium on the cranking battery. While Mercury does not prohibit it like some say, it’s still not something BCB is preferential to.

My Jag came with a Trojan AGM that was dead just outside a year old. I put ionic 50 ah lithium batteries for the trolling motor and they have been excellent.

We prefer the ProGuide AGM with 245 minutes Reserve Capacity (245 RC) though they had to substitute the Trojan due to supply chain constraints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast