O.H. Ivie this weekend

I know it's been pounded since January, but my oldest has a football camp that is putting us out near Ivie Friday and we are going to fish the weekend just for grins. It is his senior year, they report a week from Monday to football and he will be off to play college ball somewhere next year. I have never been on the lake but we aren't bank beaters and Bill's Honey Hole video from a few weeks ago was encouraging. We are staying at Elm Creek. Any of you guys been on it lately and can give any guidance on what to concentrate on/avoid wasting time on? Any soft plastic colors besides WM/Red-GP (our go to) that work well out there? Love deep cranking- any use in spending some time on that? I appreciate any advice.

PS- I am not fishing BC championship nor know anyone personally who is.
    2014 920/SHO

2. Member
    After the sun comes up it’s been tough, check your line often. One day can be good, next five can be brutal. Good luck

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    After the sun comes up it’s been tough, check your line often. One day can be good, next five can be brutal. Good luck
    Soooooo, night fishing is the suggestion? Because I can do that. The line checking due to zebra mussels? And thank you for the help.
    2014 920/SHO

4. Member
    I have no idea about night fishing, yes the zebra mussels are a big problem.

5. Member
    The youtube crowd is swimming perch. At least that's what a little bird told me.....

6. Member
    How is it navigating the lake?

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    How is it navigating the lake?
    If you don't know the lake, run the channel. You can cut through a lot of areas, but you can also end up in some very skinny water.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If you don't know the lake, run the channel. You can cut through a lot of areas, but you can also end up in some very skinny water.
    Or a have a tree take out your lower unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Been watching some guys run through some areas that have big trees that are about to break the surface of the water. Just waiting to hear a "thump" and rev limiter one of these days

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Been watching some guys run through some areas that have big trees that are about to break the surface of the water. Just waiting to hear a "thump" and rev limiter one of these days

11. Member
    It will happen in a couple weeks, seen several dead fish floating in several areas of the lake as well.