Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Not Bashing Ken Smith, but he was offered my my VX20 (The one in parts 1 & 2 of his series) any time to finish his review. He wanted to ride in a VX21 & could not get together with the local Guide that had one. He kept saying all the things he wanted in a boat 21' Composite flooring Etc. Etc. He ended up in 20'8" boat with carpet. I think he got what he wanted out of the videos, a Pro Staff Deal & about a million views. Sorry I did not think of it first. I am happy for him. It was great series & he seems like nice man that would not mind fishing with some day. I for one learned a lot, from his videos, about the boats that are available to us.
    Based on his reaction I think that the Vexus would have been one of the highest scoring boats in his series. He chose not to score it. His series, his call. The only real issue he had was driving it. He felt something that was that he was unsure of. Seeing as how he had never driven one I can easily understand that feeling. I've got 35 hours behind the wheel & I still feel things that I am unsure of from time to time in varying conditions. In other words I am still tying to learn how the boat drives & handles in different conditions. This is nothing new for any of us.

Willie

Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    Not Bashing Ken Smith, but he was offered my my VX20 (The one in parts 1 & 2 of his series) any time to finish his review. He wanted to ride in a VX21 & could not get together with the local Guide that had one. He kept saying all the things he wanted in a boat 21' Composite flooring Etc. Etc. He ended up in 20'8" boat with carpet. I think he got what he wanted out of the videos, a Pro Staff Deal & about a million views. Sorry I did not think of it first. I am happy for him. It was great series & he seems like nice man that would not mind fishing with some day. I for one learned a lot, from his videos, about the boats that are available to us.
    Based on his reaction I think that the Vexus would have been one of the highest scoring boats in his series. He chose not to score it. His series, his call. The only real issue he had was driving it. He felt something that was that he was unsure of. Seeing as how he had never driven one I can easily understand that feeling. I've got 35 hours behind the wheel & I still feel things that I am unsure of from time to time in varying conditions. In other words I am still tying to learn how the boat drives & handles in different conditions. This is nothing new for any of us.

Willie
    Thanks Willie, I kind of got the same out of Ken's review of your rig...and thanks for offering up your boat for this. Ken's reviews are Ken's and I respect his opinion, but my opinion is what matters in the end since I am the one purchasing the boat. As for test drives, I fully agree, I would not have purchased my VX20 without putting my hands on one, standing in it, and driving it. I am fortunate to have an awesome dealer a few hours away that I have purchased my last three rigs from that was able to provide and invite me to visit and see the boat first hand. After my test drive, my order was in.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I don't think Mfgs offered up their boats either. It was the boat owners that allowed him to test no?

4. Member
    And if you read down in some of the comments on his video he states the following in a response:
    "Dee it was not Vexus corporate, I was told I couldn't use a boat for a reason and then that reason was demonstrated not to be true. I'm absolutely not trying to throw anybody under, or even around the bus. Just explaining my frustration in not being able to complete what i set out to do."
    That pretty much tells us his issue was not with Vexus the Mfg. but with an owner, guide, or dealer. It also seems to indicate that he probably did not go through the Mfg's. to obtain boats to test/review. He might have with Bass Cat Boats, as he has had Mr, Pierce on some of his video's. No issues there, quality boats, company, and family.

5. Member
    JLM, from my experience any of the Vexus Reps will set up a test drive. There is a network of people who would be willing to take you out and let you ride/drive one of the VX models. I am 4 hours from the factory and 30 minutes from a dealer. I was able to go to the factory, take a tour, and have them take me out and let me drive the product. My dealer would have done the same. I would be glad to take anyone out and live about an hour and a half from Pickwick. So, I don't get your comment. Anyone considering a purchase should pursue the avenues I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    You read poorly. They are loosing customers for boats not being available to see, feel, and yes drive and when it's $85 to 90K it's not too much to expect to be able to do that. I could care less who they give a pro staff deal to, but make some boats available like other manufactures. And we get the feel from Vexus of "oh just order it". I've spoke to two dealers and a regional rep and thats the exact vibe they give. And if you don't think they are turning off customers over that feel and the Ken Smith situation, you need the news flash. But it's good you know their order situation and that they don't want 5 more orders. I've paid cash for my last four boats, and will for my next, but I'm not going to "just order it".
    You obviously do care about the pro staff thing or you wouldn't have brought it up in back to back posts. I guess my confusion lies in the fact that you're making it sound like they're supposed to cater to you directly. If you're really interested in one, reach out to Vexus directly, they'll find a way for you to get a test ride, but you may have to travel a bit.
    Last edited by dwash_1512; 09-07-2021 at 03:43 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unpaulie View Post
    I have a 2021 VX20 and happy to offer up a ride. Upper Chesapeake Bay and Potomac are my home waters.
    I'm still waiting for my ride invite.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    I'm still waiting for my ride invite.

LOL! Leaving for St Lawrence for a week of fishing. I will hit you up soon!
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unpaulie View Post
    LOL! Leaving for St Lawrence for a week of fishing. I will hit you up soon!
    I'll be close to you! Sent you a PM. Totally understand if you are busy!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I'll be close to you! Sent you a PM. Totally understand if you are busy!
    I sent you a message back. We should try to hook up next week.
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It amazes me that all boat companies don’t have a person or dealers with a demo boat just for this .Iam definitely not buying a 80,000 truck with out a full test ride in that one Iam thinking of buying and usually that’s a over night loaner.I have looked at the vx21 a few times at shows and they do look like quality ,but never rode in one though.

12. Member
    boat companies dont have to go door to door with a demo boat in this sales climate they cant build them as fast as they are selling as far as a loaner that doesnt happen because of all the liability if you really want something you may have to travel a little bit it wont always be like this but for now if you want to buy a boat if you see something you like better put some money down or somebody else will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12