Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vexus VX 21 test drive

I am interested in purchasing a Vexus VX 21 w Merc 300, but have yet to physically see one or drive one. I would definitely want to see it and drive it before spending that amount of cash. Does anyone have any suggestions? None of my friends have one or know someone with one. Have owned many Rangers and would like to try Vexus.. Thanks !

Send S Clark a message to get you with the rep. in your area.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

3. Member
    Who is sclark?

JLM, S Clark is the moderator of the Xexus forum. Plus he works for Vexus at the plant in Arkansas.

Cliff Bradford

5. Member
    Thanks so much basstx. S Clark gave me contact info for my area rep. Will contact him shortly, thanks again for your help!!

6. Member
    I’m in the same situation. Ironically enough when I called Vexus just asking questions about the vx21, I also asked if their was any opportunity to get a break either as a pro staffer or being willing to give potential customers In my area a ride etc. I would think it would be well worth a discount to have guys in various areas willing to show their boat. But not so. I guess they hope people drop 85k plus on internet pics. Not me tho. Hoping to find one eventually somewhere near me and a dealer was supposed to be speaking to his rep.

Dealers in Ohio can’t keep em in stock. I have multiple friends who dropped the �� on them. Vexus wasn’t built to give discounts. There a business and like every business. There in business to make money.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greens1098 View Post
    Dealers in Ohio can’t keep em in stock. I have multiple friends who dropped the �� on them. Vexus wasn’t built to give discounts. There a business and like every business. There in business to make money.
    Not sure your point, of course they are in business to turn a profit. I’ve had three people PM that they gave up on the brand because they could not view one anywhere. I realize supply is low on many things, but if I were a new brand to market I would have boats in each region that were part of a pro staff deal or something where a potential customer could see it or ride it. Would seem to make sense in the early stages of trying to get real life exposure to real buyers and other brands do it all the time. I asked the regional rep if there was someone who had one near me and he said call your dealer. I called two dealers… no one with a customer or staff boat etc. One of the dealers may have one coming in November but I’ll likely have moved on by then. There’s one in stock about 13 hours away but that’s a haul for a viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Not sure your point, of course they are in business to turn a profit. I’ve had three people PM that they gave up on the brand because they could not view one anywhere. I realize supply is low on many things, but if I were a new brand to market I would have boats in each region that were part of a pro staff deal or something where a potential customer could see it or ride it. Would seem to make sense in the early stages of trying to get real life exposure to real buyers and other brands do it all the time. I asked the regional rep if there was someone who had one near me and he said call your dealer. I called two dealers… no one with a customer or staff boat etc. One of the dealers may have one coming in November but I’ll likely have moved on by then. There’s one in stock about 13 hours away but that’s a haul for a viewing.
    I guess what I'm saying is there going to sell there brand based on word of mouth or the technology behind them and the "just trust us factor". They aren't in the market to give deals. They have a very unique marketing strategy that's for sure.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

10. Member
    why have a ton of team boats when you can retail sell all the boats you can build not their business plan.

11. Member
    I have a 2021 VX20 and happy to offer up a ride. Upper Chesapeake Bay and Potomac are my home waters.
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

12. Member
    I have given up on a new Vexus vx21 and will keep my Ranger. Spending close to 100K based on a computer picture is not what I would call due diligence !

JLM - it's not that no deals are available but Vexus uses map pricing. Where the retail amount is given to the dealers and that's it. Unless the dealer has a boat that is not a current year model, there is no negotiations on the price. You can lower the price by removing options from your selection. Several manufactures use this process.

Cliff Bradford

14. Member
    Basstx- My issue is not about price, never got that far ! My complaint is that I can not physically see the boat or drive one!
    Again how can you make such a large purchase by viewing a picture or reading advertising. NOT ME

15. Member
    Unpaulie, very generous thank you. If I get a break where I can take a drive I may reach out to you.

Crazy to me Vexus is three years into this and can’t make some pro staffers boats available. I mean seriously, give a small handful of customers a small discount and have them show their boat upon request every once and awhile. They wouldn’t be losing interest of serious buyers who go elsewhere because they can’t see/ride one. I’ve now had 5 guys tell me they stopped trying… so theres nearly 450k-480k missed by Vexus- not much of a business plan in my opinion. It also really puzzles me why they didn’t help that internet guy Ken Smith ride in one of their boats for his webcast where he gives feedbacks on boats. He seemed pretty in biased and literally every other boat company had no problem arranging a ride. It’s almost like they make you wonder if they are afraid of people getting their hands on them as opposed to just buying on hype.

Unpaulie, very generous thank you. If I get a break where I can take a drive I may reach out to you.

Crazy to me Vexus is three years into this and can’t make some pro staffers boats available. I mean seriously, give a small handful of customers a small discount and have them show their boat upon request every once and awhile. They wouldn’t be losing interest of serious buyers who go elsewhere because they can’t see/ride one. I’ve now had 5 guys tell me they stopped trying… so theres nearly 450k-480k missed by Vexus- not much of a business plan in my opinion. It also really puzzles me why they didn’t help that internet guy Ken Smith ride in one of their boats for his webcast where he gives feedbacks on boats. He seemed pretty in biased and literally every other boat company had no problem arranging a ride. It’s almost like they make you wonder if they are afraid of people getting their hands on them as opposed to just buying on hype.
    News flash, they're not losing any money by not giving pro staff deals. Ken Smith didn't lose them any money either. They're building as many presold boats as they can get out the door with the supply chain, I don't think it's got anything to do with "afraid of people getting their hands on them". But good luck in your search for the elusive pro staff deal you're after. Maybe try Ranger.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwash_1512 View Post
    News flash, they're not losing any money by not giving pro staff deals. Ken Smith didn't lose them any money either. They're building as many presold boats as they can get out the door with the supply chain, I don't think it's got anything to do with "afraid of people getting their hands on them". But good luck in your search for the elusive pro staff deal you're after. Maybe try Ranger.
    You read poorly. They are loosing customers for boats not being available to see, feel, and yes drive and when it's $85 to 90K it's not too much to expect to be able to do that. I could care less who they give a pro staff deal to, but make some boats available like other manufactures. And we get the feel from Vexus of "oh just order it". I've spoke to two dealers and a regional rep and thats the exact vibe they give. And if you don't think they are turning off customers over that feel and the Ken Smith situation, you need the news flash. But it's good you know their order situation and that they don't want 5 more orders. I've paid cash for my last four boats, and will for my next, but I'm not going to "just order it".

18. Member
    You read poorly. They are loosing customers for boats not being available to see, feel, and yes drive and when it's $85 to 90K it's not too much to expect to be able to do that. I could care less who they give a pro staff deal to, but make some boats available like other manufactures. And we get the feel from Vexus of "oh just order it". I've spoke to two dealers and a regional rep and thats the exact vibe they give. And if you don't think they are turning off customers over that feel and the Ken Smith situation, you need the news flash. But it's good you know their order situation and that they don't want 5 more orders. I've paid cash for my last four boats, and will for my next, but I'm not going to "just order it".

������
    Last edited by JLM-Ranger Z522; 09-03-2021 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Error

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM-Ranger Z522 View Post
    ������
    JFB you are 110% correct !

20. Member
    sometimes if you want to see something in person you have to travel a bit to see one in person the boat business is very good right now they are selling all they can build the dealers dont have to go to folks houses in other states to sell boats at this time . most builders arent setting up new dealers because they cant fulfill the orders on the ones they have now it wont always be this way but it is for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast