Garmin's new Ice Fishing Livescope bundle - New transducer cable material?

The specs page lists that the LVS32-IF transducer has a silicon cable, I take it this is different from the standard cable covering and will be more pliable in cold water conditions?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/79...02342-20#specs
    2013 Skeeter MX1825 with Yammy F150 & Garmin Ultra 106sv & LVS34 Livescope

"My hotfoot pedal goes to 11"

2. Member
    Appears to be a new transducer with a different part number

Standard.... PART NUMBER 010-12784-03

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/622112

New (ice)....PART NUMBER 010-12784-10

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/79...84-10#overview

Garmin lists same price for both.

I am curious why they would offer two models for the same price.

Maybe the new number will eventually phase out the old number.

3. Member
    Gosh, maybe it DOESN'T support Perspective View and is more like the original LVS32.
    I know that I would be interested to learn more!

4. Member
    Gosh, maybe it DOESN'T support Perspective View and is more like the original LVS32.
    I know that I would be interested to learn more!
    Not sure, but I think it is not the transducer itself that supports perspective view but it is the MFD/GLS10 software that does.

Transducers like the PS21,22,30 and 31 had software in them and are able to receive updates.

Outside of the silicon cord description that ol eagle eye skeetzx225 caught in the description in his link, I have not found any other specs to compare, which is why I am curious about the different model names and part numbers between the two units.

Surely most of the ice guys fish soft water also, so why offer two models?

I think someone with plenty of time and money on their hands should purchase one of the new transducers for an on the water soft water comparison.

How bout you take one for the team Royt.

5. Member
    as somebody who fishes BOTH hard and soft water, I would welcome a more pliable LVS32 transducer cable when the water temps get close to freezing...I think it's probably a fine line between making the cable pliable in colder temps yet also make it protective and able to withstand any damage, to me a silicon cable sounds too weak....

We'll likely get all the details the first day of iCast....
    Last edited by skeetzx225; 07-20-2021 at 12:53 PM.

6. Member
    Mike, I'll pass on being the guinea pig on this lol!
    If nothing new is introduced by Garmin at ICAST then I'm most likely to buy a new PS22 transducer to help fill in my dead areas.

7. Member
    I just got a new marketing email from Garmin and it hyped the new Ice Fishing versions of the Livescope bundle and LVS32 transducer, here's the transducer description:

See incredible detail below the ice — including LiveScope™ Forward and LiveScope™ Down modes — when you add our new LVS32-IF ice fishing transducer with new flexible cable

8. Member
    I suspect the cable length will be shorter.

9. Member
    Kinda funny story, kinda applicable. Last January on Lake Poinsett South Dakota, had my LSV32 in a hole for around 12 hours, outside the hut, and never moved it. After dark realized the hole had froze over pretty good. Had to chip it out, very carefully, in the dark. Not fun. What a rookie.

Moral of story: move your transducer from time to time, don't let your hole freeze up.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DYE View Post
    that would certainly be nice and a weight saver, I keep my cable spooled in the Garmin XL bag, works great for both summer and winter use.

Quote Originally Posted by DYE View Post
    I agree and probably more flexible
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I saw a FB post where they said its one single wire instead of 2 and there is a different wire strain relief thing.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    I just bought a GarminŽ ECHOMAP™ UHD 93sv Panoptix™ LiveScope Ice Fishing Bundle from Cabelas in Barrie Ont. and called Garmin who confirmed it has the silicone rubber/plastic flexible cable. The unit was boxed in June of 2021.The cable is approx. 20 ft long and is the same cable they sell with the boating version according to Tim at Garmin. The length will allow me to use the bundle on a track mounted pole on my new G3 V 18 SF next summer. That way I can use it in the bow or elsewhere in the boat and remove it at the end of the day for security. I hope the 16.5 ah lithium ion battery is adequate in cold temps. I lined my old humminbird ice bundle with foam to help keep it warm. I could try that and if need be apply some hand warmer packs in extreme cold. I tend to stay out for 6-8 hours ( no tent). I hope we get good ice this winter! But I'm sure looking forward to spring to use the new boat.