Not a pizza guy, but

When you fix them on the grill and the crust is good and crisp and the cheese is smokey I can enjoy a slice or two. We made a few Sunday night. Thin crust, marinara sauce fresh mozzarella and pepperoni. Topped with grated parm
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Pizza on the Green Egg is great.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

3. Moderator
    I do pizza on my Joe a few times a month. Make it fun and have all the toppings out and ready. Invite people over and have them build their own pizza. Throw it in at 500-550 degrees for 6-7 minutes and they are perfect. Fun times.

BB2CA1E7-9B16-4A73-9781-101E82C3EF31.jpeg

AD7B2502-2504-433F-9C33-9A43690A04D2.jpeg

4. Member
    We were discussing this the other night. Start the crust in the oven then finishing on the grill. Possible calzone option too. Left over pizza is amazing on gas grill and in the emeril 360.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Flatbread pizza on a Blackstone is amazing. Flip them over for 2 min after the bottom is done.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    I have the pizza attachment for my Green Mountain Grill smoker and it works great for the family. Too, I use a pizza stone (like the ones for the Big Green Egg) and use it on my Fire Magic Gas Grill for parties. Both are totally awesome and people stand around wanting more.

7. Member
    We love pizza on the BGE too. Our favorite is BBQ sauce, pick meat off a rotisserie chicken from Sam's, monterey jack cheese, purple onion and cilantro.

8. Member
    I've never made a homemade pizza but from time to time I'll get an XL Walmart Market Fresh thin crust peperoni pizza and doctor it up by adding extra peperoni, cheese, or whatever we fell like adding and cook it on one of my WSMs. I've really wanted to do a homemade but just haven't yet.

9. Member
    Do pizza on the RecTeq few times a month, love it. Fresh garden veg and either meat off the smoker or conventional pepperoni/Italian. Throw the pizza on the grill grate sear plates!! Great crisp crust
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

10. Member
    anyone do pizza on a charcoal grill? If so, any tips on temp and time?

I'm always looking for new things to grill......I consider grilling/drinking to be an outdoor activity :)

What crust is everyone using?

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    What crust is everyone using?
    We typically make our own with a yeast starter. Couldn’t be easier. We roll it super thin as well. You can also use the premade pilsbury or any others however I would suggest rolling them out flat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    anyone do pizza on a charcoal grill? If so, any tips on temp and time?
    As for cooking over charcoal that is what I do but it’s much easier with the Joe because of the ceramic holding the heat like an oven. What type of grill do you have? If it’s a Webber kettle or similar you can do it but may struggle getting the top done before the crust is burnt. You need a way to direct some of the heat back down from the lid. I have found that in my Joe, 500-550 degrees and 6-7 minutes works perfect. I use a ceramic heat diffuser over the coals and a cast iron flat iron plate to cook the pizzas on. This gives you a couple different heat sinks and helps everything cook evenly.

This is what I use, a Vortex. I invert it so the big end is up. Instead of putting the charcoal in the center I put it around the outside of the ring. I then have a pizza stone that I place over the empty center of the grill. Let the stone heat up about 10 minutes and your ready. Put the pizza on the stone and close the lid. By the time you have another pizza made up the first one is done.
    Last edited by rb; 07-28-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    We love pizza on the BGE too. Our favorite is BBQ sauce, pick meat off a rotisserie chicken from Sam's, monterey jack cheese, purple onion and cilantro.
    One of our favorites as well, but we also add mild banana pepper rings to what you have listed.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    One of our favorites as well, but we also add mild banana pepper rings to what you have listed.
    That sound really good but it wouldn't fly by my wife and 2 of the kiddos! I also like pepperoni, mozz cheese, pineapple and Hatch Valley green chilies...really good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've never made a homemade pizza but from time to time I'll get an XL Walmart Market Fresh thin crust peperoni pizza and doctor it up by adding extra peperoni, cheese, or whatever we fell like adding and cook it on one of my WSMs. I've really wanted to do a homemade but just haven't yet.
    I’ve done that more than once! I hate making the dough. Like you said, add extra stuff you want and cook it outside. (The Great Value rising crust supremes are pretty good! Less than $3 each and you just add the extras).

However, I’m going to bite the bullet and do a couple from scratch. Too hot to play outside today so I’ll make up some dough. The rest is easy.

17. Member
    If you Google pizza dough one that comes up is Bobby flays easy pizza dough on food network. I've used that several times and it works great. A big mixer like a kitchen aide helps!! I use that for calzones too. had some great nights in the kitchen on a Saturday night making pizza from scratch. Right now my goto topping is Philly cheesesteak. Get that part ready on the flat top. If your going traditional Italian try some ricotta.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

18. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Bought an Ooni to make pizza. Uses wood pellets. Pizza cooks in under 2 minutes

I made up a batch of dough last night by hand. Fairly easy. My bread machine died and that was my easy way to make it. My 1960 stand mixer (Sunbeam Model 12) uses 2 dough hooks and I lost one, but I’d sure like to try it out someday. Anyway, pizza it is for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    I do pizza on my Joe a few times a month. Make it fun and have all the toppings out and ready. Invite people over and have them build their own pizza. Throw it in at 500-550 degrees for 6-7 minutes and they are perfect. Fun times.

BB2CA1E7-9B16-4A73-9781-101E82C3EF31.jpeg

AD7B2502-2504-433F-9C33-9A43690A04D2.jpeg
    That looks really good.