2010 Nitro Z9 Console Switchpad

Has anyone ever had problems with their Z9 Console touchpad? I have a 2010 Z9 that I haven't had any issues with the touchpad until last weekend when I went to fish a tournament. I was checking to make sure the livewells were functional before leaving the No wake zone and the entire touchpad was dead. I turned off the main power switch and turned it back on, and the touchpad lit up like normal, went off after a couple seconds like normal but still no power at all to the switch. I checked all the fuses which were good. Everything that is not associated with the touchpad works fine on the boat.

Got back to the house and found out that power to and from the switch was good, unplugged it a couple times and the touchpad is working, but the bow pad that fills the livewells, and raises and lowers the motor still doesn't work.

Anyone had any similar issues, or fixes?

2. Member
    Minedid that call the miss. Bass pro how they told me to disconnect power at batt.and let sit for awhile then rebook batt,it fixed mine

3. Member
    In my '08 Z9, power doesn't come straight from the battery. It goes from the battery to a 'brain box' in the locker just behind the driver's seat, then to the console. The brain box controls all power going to the console. To get to it you have to remove the big black plastic trim piece on the side wall of the locker. Then check all the positive (or negative) wires coming off the brain box for looseness. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    In my '08 Z9, power doesn't come straight from the battery. It goes from the battery to a 'brain box' in the locker just behind the driver's seat, then to the console. The brain box controls all power going to the console. To get to it you have to remove the big black plastic trim piece on the side wall of the locker. Then check all the positive (or negative) wires coming off the brain box for looseness. Hope that helps.
    I don't think this is the problem since it has power to it when you turn on the main power switch, but is dead when you push any of the buttons. We also unplugged the 2 plugs in the back a few times and it started working again, along with the bow switch pad. Unfortunately by the time I got on the water the bow switch pad wasn't working but the switchpad on the dash/console worked all day.