6 beeps and no power

2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial #2B017873
    215 hours (approx)

Launched the boat this morning and idled out about 200 yards through no wake zone and proceeded to get up on plane. Motor seemed to be idling a little rough but when I put the hot foot down to get on plane it was a no go - just bogged down. I tried again - no go. Shut the motor down and heard 6 distinct separate beeps from the warning alarm. Water pressure good, no overheating so I shut down completely and tried the sequence again, same result. Put it back on the trailer and came home. I’ve been reading similar posts all day with a myriad of possible issues but found none with an end result. I can’t find much info on the 6 beep alarm to point me in a direction to begin searching for my issue. Anybody have input? Greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Get the fault codes read to know for sure.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    +1 ^^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    +2. The 6 beep alarm covers dozens of potential conditions, and without a Smartcraft instrument of some kind or the Rinda/Diacom software, the only viable option is to have codes read.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Buddy had that happen and he got water in his fuel. Only way he found out was taking it to get the code read.
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    + another number for getting it in for PRINTOUTS of the:

-Run History

-Freeze Frame (Fault) History.

Information in these reports will assist in determining the actual (and accurate) CAUSE, from among many dozens of potential fault conditions.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor