1995 xri 150 lower swivel bracket play

1995 xri 150 (0G144642)
    Motor has good amount of play in the lower part of the swivel tube, right above the bottom yoke.
    Looking to start ordering parts to remedy the issue when the seasons over. Ill be doing it myself as well as the upper motor mounts. What parts and gaskets will i all need and want to replace while i have it apart?

2. Member
    gonna need bushings ,possible yoke and swivel shaft (ouch) , some seals and orings new snap ring for shaft end , gaskets under pwr head ,prob few tie straps grease ,and mounts of course , dont fight the new snap ring be one with it and itll jump right on there good luck
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Anybody know which upper motor mounts this engine uses? part number?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    77326 (only OEM option now, as the rubber ones were discontinued).

You can just about count on needing a new swivel tube and yoke (upgraded stainless).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    do you mean new swivel pin or swivel bracket and yoke? just curious what usually wears out, the swivel pin or the swivel bracket tube it resides in?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    77326 (only OEM option now, as the rubber ones were discontinued).

You can just about count on needing a new swivel tube and yoke (upgraded stainless).
    do you mean new swivel pin or swivel bracket and yoke? just curious what usually wears out, the swivel pin or the swivel bracket tube it resides in?

7. Member
    pin and yoke
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    pin and yoke
    Correct.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Correct.
    Thanks. going to start ordering parts. I have a mid I got for free with a good looking steering pin and yoke on it I'm going to use in place of the current one. how do I go about ordering parts from you don? I have a healthy list

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar