Talon issues…..

Picked up a new boat an the guy just put new 10ft talons on. I’ve always ran power poles minus a set of first gen talons along time ago. The new ones are super unresponsive, I’ve resynced all the remotes, new batteries an cleared memory multiple times , they almost never work when I need them too. Like they’re asleep allllll the time. I’m just used to power poles always working for me I think . Any ideas? I’ve read a bunch on here an feel like I tried everything

2. Member
    You need to explain what you mean by unresponsive. There is a little time delay from when you press the button to when it actually responds. One press for store, 2 successive presses for deploy.
    Also check to make sure they are up to date on software.

3. Member
    Like a 10 second delay sometimes. Sometimes they don’t work at all until I keep kitting the button like 20 times., mostly I don’t think I’m used to how slow the response is compared to power poles maybe. I do need to check the software update , what possibly needs updated with the software, I think I just prefer power poles

4. Member
    They found out the Bluetooth connectivity was a little slow as you stated so the improved it. I have seen an improvement in the connections and response. Agree It is a little slow, but you have to adjust to it. Same with deploy and store.

5. Member
    I have the same problem, typically its more pronounced when my buddy is pressing down because he is impatient some times. What I found works better is quality remote batteries not the cheap Amazon ones and swapping them out a couple times per year. If anyone else has any ideas I would like to know as well. My talons are up to date on the software.

6. Member
    One of mine does the same, and I do not use amazon remotes. I can double click and sometimes its 45secs before it deploys or retracts. Guess I will have to call support next week and see what they say about the issue. At times it wont deploy at all and I have to flip the breaker switch on them and it helps for a while, but if they sit idle for an hour or so it goes back to doing the same thing.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    I did of my Talons about 8 months ago due to the crappy remotes and delay in deployment. It drove me crazy. I tried new remotes and also reset/re-paired them countless times. I finally had enough and sold them. I put Blades on my boat and have been 100% happy with them.
    Brad Krone

I have the gen 1 and I have not had a problem with them. Don't care for the bluetooth

9. Member
    I have had the bluetooth ones for 2 years now. Mine, unless the battery is weak, will start deploying/retracting almost instantly when I press the button. Only problem I have is occasionally when I flip the master power on, one of them won't sync. If I don't hear them both beep, I just turn the power off and back on, and everything is fine. Good luck, hope you find the problem. I love mine.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

10. Member
    Ok update, I reset them, cleared the memory , got new batteries an used the talon app to update them. They work much better now. Not power poles but they work . They’re in sync an deploy much faster. I’m ok with them, power poles hold me better in heavy river current though. An they’re much more flexible for the pressure of the current on the poles. I feel like the talons are going to be bent sometimes.

11. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I have had the bluetooth ones for 2 years now. Mine, unless the battery is weak, will start deploying/retracting almost instantly when I press the button. Only problem I have is occasionally when I flip the master power on, one of them won't sync. If I don't hear them both beep, I just turn the power off and back on, and everything is fine. Good luck, hope you find the problem. I love mine.

12. Member
    Yes, mine did the same. Updated them with the app and they work great.
    2020 Skeeter FXR21
    2020 Yamaha 250 SHO
    Solix 15 - dash
    Solix 12 - bow
    Ultrex
    Sea Clear Power harness