5th battery Skeeter FX21

I have a 2018 Skeeter FX21. I need to add a 5th battery due to upgrading electronics. Wondering if anybody has done this and how you arranged the back of the boat. Post pics please! Thanks guys!

2. Member
    It is crowded in that back compartment. Have you tried a Group31 AGM battery for your cranking and electronics? What graphs will you be running?

3. Member
    I have a 2019 fx 21, when I was considering that, I was told this.
    The best option is to go with a single 36 V lithium for TM and that you have to
    take out the trays on the port side. mount the 36 V and that should give you room
    for the extra battery on the port side. Now I will mention the problem with the charging
    of the lithium, because you just kicked your minnkota charger out of the equation.
    It is a option. I went with the 31 AGM, but I am only running 2 solix's gen 2.
    Sorry no pics!
    Good luck!

4. Member
    Yeah I'm running a Group 31. I'm running 3 Lowrance 12's and a Garmin 1222 Livescope. When I get all that running and have a livewell full of fish I can't make it through the day. I might be forced to run a 36 volt lithium to have space for batteries. I think that Garmin just sucks the life out of the batteries. Thanks for the advice guys!

5. Member
    Given the space, the 36v lithium is probably your best choice. I run the 126sv livescope with 12" humminbirds. Everything except the bow units goes on "standby" while I am fishing. I can watch the voltage slowly drop throughout the day but I can make it all day if I make a few runs.