Thread: Pad the pumps?

Pad the pumps?

I am in the process of relocating my PP pumps and want to know if anyone recommends installing battery tray padding under the pump brackets or should I mount them directly to the tray deck? I also want to know if anyone has mounted them in a battery tray to catch any oil leaks. I have the room to use a tray if that is recommended. TIA

C1D2D46B-2A4D-4D04-9963-98F7E595A296.jpegI put mine in a tote that I cut so it drains into the bilge, caps have been broken, one tank is broken. Tote works great
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    little padding under pump bracket could help with transmission of pump noise thru hull sure.. drip tray not a bad idea with 1.0 or 2.0 however needed less with 2.0.

4. Member
    I put padding under and a tray. Pm me and I can send you some pics.

5. Member
    I use petroleum absorbent pads/ sheets under my reservoirs. They absorb petroleum products will not absorb water. Easy to pull out & replace every once in a while.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

6. Member
    You can buy tool box drawer padding at Lows. Cut to spec and install as a vibration damper. Put 2 or 3 bars of LAVA soap in the bilge and let them sit. When ya wash the bilge, will break down whats in it when ya wash it out.

7. mikesxpress
    Do NOT put bars of soap in the bilge!!! That will be the most gooey nasty mess you ever had to clean up.

A half gallon of SuperClean (Walmart) and some water sloshing around for a day trip and hose it out.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Do NOT put bars of soap in the bilge!!! That will be the most gooey nasty mess you ever had to clean up.

A half gallon of SuperClean (Walmart) and some water sloshing around for a day trip and hose it out.

agreed