2021 Pro XS blown power head

My fishing buddy and I just blew up a 2021 250 pro xs. Two giant holes in the block. Here is my question so we can figure something out. How long is it going to take in today's world to get a new powerhead? It's obviously under warranty, but we are concerned on the availability of parts. We just qualified for the US Open championship this fall and want to start making plans...
    Thanks!!

Plan to fish close to the ramp with trolling motor…
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

I read over 25 months. So going to have to find one that is already in line but not sold yet. Probably full price and then some too.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I would expect with a warranty repair that a new powerhead will come in weeks rather than months. A whole new outboard for a repower is another story.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the REQUIRED Info when posting (serial number). Thanks!

Hate to hear this... the good news is that the wait for a powerhead really shouldn't be too excessive. Warranty SERVICE Orders do take priority.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. mikesxpress
    Brent how about some pictures of the carnage? MFG date of engine and hours?
    Let us know what the shop diagnosis is for what caused it.

Following
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

8. Member
    Any idea yet on why it happened?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brentmcneal View Post
    My fishing buddy and I just blew up a 2021 250 pro xs. Two giant holes in the block. Here is my question so we can figure something out. How long is it going to take in today's world to get a new powerhead? It's obviously under warranty, but we are concerned on the availability of parts. We just qualified for the US Open championship this fall and want to start making plans...
    Thanks!!
    Brent: As mentioned earlier, Please see the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the REQUIRED Info when posting. That would be the engine serial number.

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor