Lithium cranking battery and AGM trolling batteries

Does anybody run a lithium cranking battery and have different types of trolling motor batteries? To lose some weight in my boat I’m considering changing my agm cranking battery with a lithium and keeping my other two agms on the trolling motor. Just curious if anyone has this set up and how you run your chargers?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I sell cranking batteries every day to people that still run lead trolling batteries, if you have a Minnkota precision, or NOCO gen charger already installed its no problem , the IONIC will also work on AGM batteries
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    I have a minn Kota 345 precision. What size cranking battery would you suggest for a pro craft 185 pro / 2002/ with a Mercury xr 150

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    100ah would work but if you plan on running more than 2 graphs or some form of live imagining I'd recommend 125ah
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Plus I run my helix 12 and another hummingbird off the cranking battery

6. Member
    Drewcraft sells the Yandina Combiner 100-LI, Trollbridge 12X24-LI and Trollbridge 36-LI which are designed to work with Lithium trolling batteries and Lead-Acid starting battery so your alternator does the charging and you can be independent of shore power.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
    Drewcraft sells the Yandina Combiner 100-LI, Trollbridge 12X24-LI and Trollbridge 36-LI which are designed to work with Lithium trolling batteries and Lead-Acid starting battery so your alternator does the charging and you can be independent of shore power.
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Drew, just to go with this, what are the limitations for using a lithium cranking battery? I am under the impression that I can't run one because of my motor (1999 Yamaha carb'd 175), but I haven't seen the excessively high charging voltage that would damage lithiums, so I'm still curious.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the IONIC is not like every other Lithium battery, The BMS is designed to handle about any high voltage charging or low resistance scenario, to run or not to run is your choice but the IONIC has a pretty good track record of not having those issues
    I have a buddy running one on his in his 88 Ranger with Johnson 150, another buddy with a new Merc 4 stroke ,
    I would not have any concerns running one with that Yamaha
    info@drewcraft.com