Mega 360 Interference?

When I step on the pedal of my ultrex all of a sudden I get interference on my 360 that I never had before.. how do I fix.. I run a Gen3 Solix and a garmin 10xsv with a Di trolling motor trans.. I had a helix 10 up there but I messed up the trans for the Solix and did t have a helix trans so I borrowed a buddies extra garmin and for the whole first day worked great then the next day I get interference sometime and now it’s ever time I hit the ultrex pedal

2. Member
    Check the fuse in the Ultrex head.

thats not the problem.

I am also having this same issue and I checked my fuse in the head, it is not blown, this is not the cause of this washout.

4. Member
    Fuse was fine

5. Member
    Are you using the same onboard charger for both the cranking battery and trolling motor batteries? Your 360 is powered by the cranking battery (I hope). Your trolling motor is powered by the trolling batteries. A charger that connects these two separate systems together can cause this. Try disconnecting the charger from the cranking battery if that is how your boat is set up. If that fixes it, you need two separate chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    Are you using the same onboard charger for both the cranking battery and trolling motor batteries? Your 360 is powered by the cranking battery (I hope). Your trolling motor is powered by the trolling batteries. A charger that connects these two separate systems together can cause this. Try disconnecting the charger from the cranking battery if that is how your boat is set up. If that fixes it, you need two separate chargers.
    If you are getting RFI through the charger, that is what this is for:

Charger Choke for Interference | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Just to add to the fire I had the same issue. Checked everything I could think of. Checked everything others could think of. Finally just put a buddies transducer on my boat and it worked fine. Turns out there was a bad spot in my cable somewhere.