Rod for pitching grass

What are your favorite rods and line for pitching a 3/4-1 oz weight and plastic into submerged grass? I’m not talking thick mats, just clumps and weed edges mostly.

Megabass Perfect Pitch in either the Levante or Orochi XX series.

The new 21 Daiwa Steez AGS 74XH Heavy Cover Special or 72H Power Pitch are both excellent options that I enjoy.

4. Member
    I'll second the Perfect Pitch. Also a great heavy cover swim jig rod. Perfect for pitching those weights you mention though.

5. Member
    7'6" Heavy Expride. I always have 3/4 oz on it, but I think it could handle an ounce also.

905 Shimano Conquest

7. Member
    Shimanos 7’3”xh expride kicks ass for this, the perfect pitch is very good…for pitching only, I sold it after I found the handle and butt too short and small for comfortable two handed casting whereas the expride has a nice butt and longer handle with a great feel for pitching and casting making more versatile imo.

8. Member
    I have a Steez AGS 7'4" H that I really love for this. Also, the Daiwa Kage 7'4" H XF is a solid choice also. I also like the Dobyns Champion XP 736c. I think it balances better than most rods. I have all 3, and they are my main pitching rods. I definitely also think that the Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS 7'4" would also be a good choice. I am falling in love with the 7'9" Elite AGS. It is a very sensitive rod, and I'm guessing the 7'4" H will be the same.

9. Member
    I know this won't help as they've been discontinued for years but the 7'4" Heavy first gen Cumara was designed for this purpose and they absolutely nailed it.

10. Member
    Tatula ags 7'6 heavy. It's not the most expensive rod, but I keep coming back to it over and over.