Lithium’s and using the jump start system

A buddy of mine has lithium’s for the TM acid for a starter battery.
    He ran his starter battery down and switched the jump start system to use the lithium’s to crank.
    One of the lithium’s immediately caught fire.
    He was able to extinguish the fire and everything is fine.

My question is should you use the jump start systems with Lithium’s? They have always worked fine but he never used them to jump start the craning battery.

Not sure of the brand of lithium or if that matters. From the picture he sent me the model number is M3110.
    Thanks

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    All of the popular LifeP04 batteries are protected by the BMS and if they battery is to small to be used as a jump start the BMS should shut down the battery immediately due to over current draw, most higher amp hour batteries can be safely used for jumpstarting if properly done

the number you mentioned is a Lithium Pros Starting Battery part number which is not commonly used as a trolling battery but would have not had and issue starting the motor
    I would be looking closely at how the jumpstart system is wired , one wrong connection and you are jumpstarting with 24 or 36v
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Thank you very much for the insight.
    I will let him know.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs