2018 200 SHO low water pressure

I have a 2018 SHO and at WOT I am running about 8psi. Is that too low? I thought I used to get around 10 or so but it is peeing a good stream still and not sputtering water out. Anything to worry about here?

2. Member
    Believe my water pressure gage had a heart attack......just keep your impeller changed out every 21/2 years and run it.

3. Member
    I had the exact same concerns and have learned our SHOs have low water pressure but more volume. The experts tell me, if it is pissing run the hell out of it!
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

4. Member
    IF 8psi at WOT is accurate, that's too low. Assuming you have an analogue gage, I would blow out the line to it to be sure it's not filled with water or has a split or poor connection at either end that could be affecting reading. Otherwise, is probably bad impeller or check that intake screens are no plugged at all.
    FYI: My same motor shows about 4psi at idle (analogue gauges don't show low volume very well), 10-15psi at 3000-4000 rpm and then goes up to over 20psi from 4000 to WOT. Yamaha says should be 11psi minimum...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

5. Member
    Thanks all! I had the impeller changed , which was in good shape, then they blew out the line from power head to gage. Bunch of muddy water came out. I’m still only getting 10psi at WOT but am peeing a good stream and haven’t had any signs of overheating.