Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Who is building a good Custom Rod

I am in need of a specific size rod for a specific use. Who is building a good quality rod out here? For a good price?
    Thanks

2. Moderator
    Willwork4fish built me a rod last year and it's exactly what I wanted. Well built and top notch quality.

3. Member
    If you are coming back this way. Griest Custom Rods in Nixa just did one for me.

4. Member
    Top shelf knowledge and capability costs more, the way it has always been. Someone put In a lot of experimentation, money, blood and sweat to get good at this.

5. Member
    The parts are getting so hard to get, I'm thinking everyone must be building them right now.

6. Member
    Depends on what you’re looking for and where you’re looking.. I had to wait 2 months for a VSS reel seat I bought from Mudhole but get it had it in stock the whole time. Same with guides, whatever mudhole didn’t have, get bit did. Might have to place orders with multiple companies but there’s some stock to be had. It also seems RodGeeks and Mudhole shipping times are back on track. Got a colored C2 rod from rodgeeks in about 12 days after placement and had a mudhole order delivered 4 days after placement.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. Member
    There is a pandemic going on, rod components are made out of materials that have to be found, stainless and titanium are used in all medical equipment, stuff needed to keep others alive. Other components are made from plastics, ingredients again used in high end plastics in the medical field. I can wait, it's only a fishing rod.

We're pretty good and happen to be a sponsor.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Willwork4fish built me a rod last year and it's exactly what I wanted. Well built and top notch quality.
    Same here….and great guy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    Same here….and great guy to work with.
    Mike has made me 1/2 dozen or more...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html