2021 250 Pro FX oil

I feel silly for even asking this but i am a little confused on what oil to use. I have a brand new 250 Pro XS with only 6 hours on it. In the manual it says FC-W 10W-30 Mineral Marine 4 stroke oil. Or 10W-30 Synthetic Blend Marine 4 Stroke. My dealer doesn't carry a 10-30 synthetic. They have the 25-40 synthetic. And i saw in Don's FAQ they just released the 10w30 synthetic in Feb. Is that why my dealer doesn't have it?

But i did find this on Bass Pro website. Is this what i should be using?

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/quic...ine-engine-oil
    2021 Ranger 620FS Cup Edition / Mercury Pro XS 250
    1999 Ranger 620VS / 2015 Yamaha F200

2. Member
    I used the synthetic blend 10w-30, looked like the same bottle that you have the link to at bass pro but my mine was a blend and I also purchased it from bass pro. The last time I changed mine the full synthetic wasn’t out yet and I will continue with the blend as long as I can find it. I switched to full synthetic in my truck for 3 oil changes and had some problems come up that I didn’t like so I switched back to a blend and the problems went away just by switching back to the blend.But that’s a whole different story. Make sure to not over fill.

Follow the manual, lots of places to find 10w30, either mineral or syn blend. Can be quicksilver also, that opens your options up a bunch.

4. Member
    From the FAQ at top of forum - V6/V8 Engine Oil Level and Capacity
    Quicksilver is Mercury.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    I ordered the Quicksilver syn blend 10w 30. Used my new VIP discount card and got 10% off at Bass Pro for buying a new boat. Score. When you spend 80k for a new boat saving 8 bucks on 2 gallons counts!!!

Thanks for the replies.
    2021 Ranger 620FS Cup Edition / Mercury Pro XS 250
    1999 Ranger 620VS / 2015 Yamaha F200

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and familiarize yourself with the general guidelines (as well as the Required Info (serial number) when posting). Thanks!

10w30 Synthetic BLEND is the correct choice for your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor