Rod holder options on Z19???

I’m looking to place a couple discreet rod holders/bases on my new Z19. Do any of you have any good suggestions. I don’t really want to punch any holes into the hull.

2. Member
    6558E53D-8FC9-44AC-BC4D-7059E2699460.jpeg
    I did find this made by Driftmaster. I think it would serve my purpose. I’m not much of a troller but sometimes leave a drop shot sitting.

3. Member
    My plan is to use these from this company.

https://extremefishingconcepts.com/B...BB-1-T-118.htm

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnee View Post
    My plan is to use these from this company.

https://extremefishingconcepts.com/B...BB-1-T-118.htm
    Same company as my photo, just a little different set up. I think they will work fine but i cant help but think there are better options out there.

5. Member
    I had a 2x6 cut and carpeted to match my color carpet. Mounted the Drift Master holders and only have them in the boat when I definitely plan on using them.
    Last edited by like2fish2; 07-19-2021 at 09:39 PM.

6. Member
    The previous owner of my bass boat added two "Driftmaster" flush mounted rod holder plates on the back deck. Works great, the chrome rod holders just screw into the plates at what ever angle you want. When not in use you do not even know they are there, no trip hazzard.
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

7. Member
    I’m seriously considering the flush mount. Only thing I don’t like is I have to punch a big hole in the deck but that’s a lot better than drilling holes Into the glass hull.

8. Member
    What about the drift master t bar. And set it in the seat post hole where the seat would go?

9. Member
    The flush mount I am talking about is a 3" plate. It has a threaded hole at center, you screw a rod holder into it. No punching any holes except the 3 screw holes to mount plate to deck. The previous owner mounted one behind each tub lid behind the seats.
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flukeman View Post
    The flush mount I am talking about is a 3" plate. It has a threaded hole at center, you screw a rod holder into it. No punching any holes except the 3 screw holes to mount plate to deck. The previous owner mounted one behind each tub lid behind the seats.
    Actually I believe you do have to drill a hole in the deck for the threaded center that’s recessed for the rod holder to screw into.

11. Member
    No drilling required, just 3 screws to hold the plate. The plate is probably 1/4" thick and domed. Hole in center is threaded. You can see the carpet below the hole, rod holders screw in. You set the angle of the holder before completely tightening down. Non-boaters do not even notice the plates back there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

12. Member
    Thank you for the photo. I’ll have to look at their site a little closer and see if I can find those.

13. Member
    Ill try to get a pic of rod holder tonight
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

14. Member
    Ill try to get a pic of rod holder tonight
    yes please do. I don’t crappie fish but we do a couple times a year. And my spider rig mount is a little large. I would like to get a couple long lines out the back

15. Member
    rod holder 2.jpg This photo shows you the end of the holder in relation to the plate
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

16. Member
    rod holder 3.jpg This image shows you the set screw that screws holder to plate
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

17. Member
    rod holder 4.jpg This image shows the rod holder in place. The star knob is loosened or tightened to set the angle and position of holder.
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

18. Member
    I set the Ultrex to run a direction and speed from the remote while sitting in the back deck seat. I have several trolling set ups I set and just place in the rod holders. Then I am trolling for walleyes usually along channel/shoal edges.
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX

19. Member
    rod holder 4.jpg This image shows the rod holder in place. The star knob is loosened or tightened to set the angle and position of holder.
    Which brand are these? Thanks for sharing the photos. those are definitely different than the ones i was looking at.

20. Member
    I believe when I did an image search the name "driftmaster" was associated with an image identical to these.
    Jeff Edgarton
    2001 929 CDX