Question 225 Pro XS loss of power

My 2006 225 Pro XS (on 2006 BassCat Puma) developed a miss last week (slight miss 3 different times while running). Last night, the problem was much worse. The boat would barely get on plane and would only run 50-55 mph WOT instead of the normal ~ 70 mph. The digital fuel gauge was showing full WOT fuel consumption (21 gph) but only running a little over 50 mph. I'm assuming that a cylinder or two isn't working properly.....is there anything easy that I can check? I called two local mechanics and they both have several week backlog.

Ran the in-line spark test tool on all 6 cylinders and it seemed that I was getting positive (blinking lights) results on all 6. I will likely pull the plugs this week to take a look anyway.

Serial Number is 1B262995
    Last edited by Cajun Skeeter; 07-19-2021 at 11:44 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the 3L Forum for you.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks, updated the Serial Number above.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Spark plug inspection, followed by Compression Test, Spark Test and Fuel Quality, Delivery, Air/Fuel Pressure and Pressure Leakdown tests.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor