Thread: Leaking storage

Leaking storage

Anybody's front storage box leak on your 920. Mine leaks terribly. None of the others leak, just the front one.

2. Member
    Most likely leaking from water coming from the post mounting hole. Open the compartment and check the drain system on the bottom of the post hole and ensure that the tubing is routed through the hole in the bottom of the compartment. Make sure that all the components of the system are still intact.

yes it is coming from the seat pedestal holes.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMB View Post
    Most likely leaking from water coming from the post mounting hole. Open the compartment and check the drain system on the bottom of the post hole and ensure that the tubing is routed through the hole in the bottom of the compartment. Make sure that all the components of the system are still intact.
    Not hijack the post but I had just posted about water in my drivers rod box in a PHX. I opened the center compartment and un screwed the white circle cover plate between the center rod hole holders and could see there is nothing keeping water from going straight into the bow of the boat from the hole (and it appears that area is open/exposed to the side lockers). Is there supposed to be some drain tube you mentioned in a PHX as well?

5. Member
    There should be a drain system for the post if it is a 920XP. If it is missing, you can get one from Phoenix. I’m not familiar with the PHX model, but assume it would be similar.

6. Member
    I have now owned 2 phoenix boats I love the boats but have to admit the dry storage is far from dry in any of the compartments. It is such a issue I ordered my most recent bird with the fans built in option. The worst problem is the design flaw that water from front deck runs directly into passenger rod locker. I find that the passenger rod locker is wet in every bird I have been in even in the lightest of rain. When I fish the great lakes most days I have water coming over both the bow and the stern and very rarely is any compartment dry when it is ruff. I added my own weather strip and tightened all latches but when they come over the bow for 6 to 8 hours none of my storage is dry.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    I have now owned 2 phoenix boats I love the boats but have to admit the dry storage is far from dry in any of the compartments. It is such a issue I ordered my most recent bird with the fans built in option. The worst problem is the design flaw that water from front deck runs directly into passenger rod locker. I find that the passenger rod locker is wet in every bird I have been in even in the lightest of rain. When I fish the great lakes most days I have water coming over both the bow and the stern and very rarely is any compartment dry when it is ruff. I added my own weather strip and tightened all latches but when they come over the bow for 6 to 8 hours none of my storage is dry.
    Man I really hope this is not the case because like you said when you fish the great lakes (which is what everyone says the PHX is built for the big water) you commonly take waves over the bow all day. Just watch the elites footage from today. If I need to take EVERYTHING out of several compartments because things are wet every day... thats a deal breaker so I sure hope there's a preventative fix. My last three non Phoenix boats did not do that. Will call Phoenix in the morn.

8. Member

Leaking Storage

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Man I really hope this is not the case because like you said when you fish the great lakes (which is what everyone says the PHX is built for the big water) you commonly take waves over the bow all day. Just watch the elites footage from today. If I need to take EVERYTHING out of several compartments because things are wet every day... thats a deal breaker so I sure hope there's a preventative fix. My last three non Phoenix boats did not do that. Will call Phoenix in the morn.
    I have a 20 PHX. This spring I drove home from Georgia and was in a hard rain for about 6 hours. No cover on the boat. The only compartment with water the day box between the driver and passenger.

9. Member
    Yea if you shove stuff up in the center box pretty easy to knock the drain hose off. Probably wouldn’t hurt to use a small hose clamp on there.

10. Member
    I have had that hose come off and making sure it is on will prevent rain from getting in. The problem I mentioned above in ruff water the hose will not cure. The drainage tracks are just not able to keep up with water non stop coming over the bow, birds not having weather strip does not help. Like I said I love my bird it rides great in ruff water but I fish the great lakes a lot and very rarely are my compartments dry.