Mud daubers got me twice within 2 weeks

The first time they got me, I didn't realize what was going on. My water pressure was fairly normal and my temperature was normal but I had no pee stream. I thought maybe my water pickups were clogged since I ran through a bunch of hydrilla. I tilted the motor and checked and while there was a little hydrilla, it wasn't completely blocking the pickups. I didn't even think to check the pee hole. When I got the boat home and started flushing the motor, I noticed this:

IMG_7888.JPG

Then today when I started her up and checked for pee stream, there wasn't one but I knew exactly what the problem was this time around. I'm going to have to add that to my pre-trip checklist now.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

In a pinch on the water…cut a spinner bait wire and jiggle it around in there. Usually will unclog it and get it to peeing.

3. Member
    Take some Q-tips and put some where they don't blow out. When you get out of the water just stick one in, if you forget to remove it next trip it will just blow out. Them buggers are horrible around here this time of year

Lil turds got me after letn my boat sit for a month... i was glad to have a small piece of coated wire on my rod box to dig out the hole, took a couple times and a good balancing act to NOT fall in the water while completing the task

5. Member
    They love boats....

6. Member
    Got me a third time now. Just cleaned it out on Friday and go to the lake today. Checked the pee hole before launch and sure enough...
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

7. Member
    why not just put some tape over the hole so they cant get in there just remove before you launch ?

Duct tape a piece of fiberglass window screen over it. It'll keep them out and allow water to flow out.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

9. Member
    Spray Water/Vinegar in the location routinely....they hate vinegar.

10. Member
    So that's what they are called?
    I always called them mug wasps.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166