Biblical Timeline....

This is an approximate timeline of the historical events of the Bible. Some dates may be slightly off, due to the inaccuracy of historical records. It is by no means meant to be a complete and exhaustive timeline of the events in the Bible. If you think things are not dated correctly please advise....

Abraham Born – 2000 BC
    Isaac born – 1895 BC
    Jacob and Esau born – 1835 BC
    Jacob’s 12 sons (the 12 tribes of Israel) and Dinah born – 1775 to 1734 BC.
    Joseph sold to the Ishmaelites – 1727 BC
    Jacob and sons move to Egypt – 1705 BC
    Jacob dies – 1688 BC
    Joseph dies – 1634 BC
    Jacob's descendants prosper in Egypt – 1600 – 1450 BC
    Pharaoh makes the Jews slaves – 1450 BC
    Israel has Judges – 1380 BC
    Moses is born - 1355 BC
    Exodus from Egypt – 1275 BC
    Jericho falls – 1234 BC
    Israel appoints Judges - 1200 BC
    Samson is born – 1090 BC
    Samuel is born – 1086 BC
    Saul is born – 1054 BC
    Samuel becomes a judge – 1050 BC
    David is born – 1034 BC
    Saul becomes the first King of Israel – 1025 BC
    David becomes King of Israel (at 30 years old) – 1004 BC
    David captures Jerusalem – 999 BC
    Solomon is born – 989 BC
    Solomon’s Temple is built in 7 years in Jerusalem – 961 BC to 954 BC
    Israel is split into two kingdoms – Judah in the South (2 tribes), and Israel in the North (10 tribes) – 926 BC
    Assyria invades the Northern Kingdom of Israel – 722 BC
    Northern Kingdom assimilates with Assyria, become Samaritans – 700 BC
    Temple destroyed in the Southern Kingdom of Judah – 587 BC
    Babylonian Captivity of Southern Kingdom starts – 587 BC
    Edict of King Cyrus that allows the Jews to return home – 539 BC
    Southern Kingdom of Judah ceases to exist - 538 BC
    New Temple is built – 516 BC
    Alexander the Great Conquers Palestine – 332 BC
    Temple is desecrated, starting the Maccabean Revolt- 167 BC
    Temple is rededicated – 164 BC
    Rome Conquers Jerusalem – 64 BC
    Jesus Christ is born – 1 AD
    Jesus starts his public ministry – 30 AD
    Jesus is handed over to be crucified – 33 AD
    Jesus rises from the dead – 33 AD
    Peter and Paul martyred at Rome – 67 AD
    Linus becomes the second pope – 67 AD
    The Temple in Jerusalem is destroyed by the Romans – 70 AD
    Nicene Creed established at the Council of Nicea – 325 AD
    Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage establish the 73 Books of the Bible – 382 AD, 393 AD, and 397 AD respectively.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

2. Member
    Its pretty accurate to me with the exception of not mentioning the second coming of our Lord and Savior @ during the destruction of the Great city Sodom and Gomorrah, where also our lord was crucified (Ie . Jerusalem ) A.D. 66-70 !

Revelation 11:8

Or

Revelation 17

babylon the great
    the mother of prostitutes
    and of the abominations of the earth.
    6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

Was Jesus crucified in Sodom and Gomorrah or was it in another city ? Your argument is not with me but rather with what those two text say .
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-17-2021 at 10:50 PM.

3. Member
    29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
    33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.
    37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39

Who was Jesus talking too ?

4. Member
    And yet they crucified the greatest prophet of all. Our Lord and our God.

5. Member
    I may have got ahead of myself with my two post above........................I should make mention of the testimony of the Word of God. For those who view the bible as inherent, authoritative ect. , well here is what it says :

Revelation chapter 1

Prologue

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
    Greetings and Doxology

4 John,
    To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

I do not attend any churches in the province of Asia.............do you ?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-17-2021 at 11:25 PM.

6. Member
    Here are the 7 churches in Asia minor .

• Ephesus.
    • Smyrna.
    • Pergamon.
    • Thyatira.
    • Sardis.
    • Philadelphia (modern Alaşehir)
    • Laodicea.

all of those churches are long gone ( we have uncovered their ruins) ...................... but our bible says..............................Revelation was written to them and the things contained in the book were to happen soon?

Its no wonder atheist and agnostics run rampant with our Bible , while biblical teachers change the meaning and definitions of Greek words to fit their narrative. Ughh
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-17-2021 at 11:26 PM.

7. Member
    Not meant for arguments sake……simply a couple questions on Preterism. Why hasn’t God provided us a written account of history speaking of the times during Jesus’ thousand year reign? Or of God’s judgement of believers and non-believers? It would seem that the thousand year reign would be an amazing historical event (without the presence of Satan) that many would write about. Are we living today during the period where Satan is let lose for a short time?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    Not meant for arguments sake……simply a couple questions on Preterism. Why hasn’t God provided us a written account of history speaking of the times during Jesus’ thousand year reign? Or of God’s judgement of believers and non-believers? It would seem that the thousand year reign would be an amazing historical event (without the presence of Satan) that many would write about. Are we living today during the period where Satan is let lose for a short time?

Good morning Chisco ,

(No argument taken )

During my studies years ago I did the exact thing as you have done above (most everyone does the same thing) . I stumbled upon the doctrine of partial preterism and then later on, full preterism. I came from a Pre Mill Dispensational camp for most of my life.

As you did above, someone would present to me a passage of scripture or a cogent argument on a subject and I would immediately say.................well, what about this other passage or text , all the while ignoring and not dealing directly with the text or text's they brought to my attention.

The bible (to me anyway) is a history book ( we are reading someone eles's mail, please note : there is not one book written to us ) that outlines God redemptive plan. To answer your question properly I would have to write a small book to explain to you my answer. If I answered your question by quoting a few bible verses a couple of things would occur. 1. I would be accused of cherry picking scriptures to prove my theological point. 2. You would probably ignore the fewtext I provide and move on to another question without taking the proper amount of time to look into those text.

Although there are hundreds of more, I will leave you these books for your consideration:

1. Historian, Josephus, "The Jewish Wars "

2. Dr. Preston, "Who is this Babylon ?"

3. Dr. Preston, "We shall meet him in the air "

4. Dr. Sproul , "The Last Days According to Jesus"

5. Dr. Demar, "Last Days Madness "

6. Dr. Demar, " End Times Fiction"

7. MA. Frost, "Exegetical Essays on the Resurrection "

8. Dr. Beale , " The Temple and the Church's Mission "

9. Dr. Preston, "70 weeks are determined for the ....Resurrection "

10. Dr. Preston, " Like Father Like Son on Clouds of Glory"

Get your bible out .............................You will need it :)

P.s. I tried to be fair with you in the authors I presented for your consideration....................... 5 of the above authors ARE NOT FULL PRETERIST.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 07-18-2021 at 08:55 AM.

9. Member
    Thanks