Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Margay is extinct - newly renamed as Bobcat

This may be only "news" to me, but I just got price quote back from my local BCB dealer on a Margay.

Apparently starting 2022, the Margay will be known as the Bobcat.

First that I had heard of that. FYI.

Looks like about $2K price increase as well.

Only other difference I found so far is that removable port-side console is no longer an option. You can order single or dual, but it's permanent.

2. Member
    I don't believe anybody has seen a picture of one yet. Have you?

3. Member
    You will be surprised^^^ I think there are going to be quite a few changes to it. Good changes. You will be pleased.

Looking forward to seeing this boat. Always liked the dual console Margay.

Pictures will likely appear on social media sometime after Monday night when it will first be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Pictures will likely appear on social media sometime after Monday night when it will first be shown.

7. Member
    No, I have not seen new Bobcat. BCB is apparently holding marine dealers meeting next week and releasing more details then. Quoted price out the door (including GA tax) with ProXS 150HP, dual console, trailer brakes, standard option electronics is $46.5K.

I'm excited about this boat, but I sure didn't expect my "entry-level" bass rig would cost mid-40s. Crazy market!

Quote Originally Posted by CobbRookie View Post
    No, I have not seen new Bobcat. BCB is apparently holding marine dealers meeting next week and releasing more details then. Quoted price out the door (including GA tax) with ProXS 150HP, dual console, trailer brakes, standard option electronics is $46.5K.

I'm excited about this boat, but I sure didn't expect my "entry-level" bass rig would cost mid-40s. Crazy market!
    Why so much? The Sabre SP with a 175 is priced at $44,795 and fhe P2 is around 52k

9. Member
    46 and change.............hello Xpress............

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Why so much? The Sabre SP with a 175 is priced at $44,795 and fhe P2 is around 52k
    I think base price is just under $40K - like $39,900.

The option prices weren't itemized on the quote, but 2nd console and trailer brakes probably added +$1.6k.

Batteries/freight/rigging are +$1.9k. TT&L (in GA anyway) are +$2.9k. That gets you to $46.5k.

From all I've heard, there will be significant price increases on 2022 boats and 2022 outboards across the board, not just BCB.

11. Member
    Why not people are spending like crazy and lots are empty across dealerships in my area. Why not strike now, people don't seem to be scared off by the prices just yet. Def not a BCB specific situation, but least with BCB your getting improvements on previous models, not the same model from year to year with a higher price tag. Kuddos to BCB for always pushing the envelope on development.

Just priced a 2022 sabre 50k+. Ouch! I wish I wouldnt have just sold mine.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

13. Member
    Yep, although with "Bobcat" downgraded to THREE PERSON capacity, Sabre may be only new BCB offering that matches up with my family.

$50K+ though ... pretty steep. Might need to go a different direction than I planned.

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    The days of 25k glass boats went away a long time ago. Just wait because when the housing market bottom drops out so will everything else used. In a year or two people will be practically giving away boats. Interest rates high and covid money dried up.

Not crazy about the two steps. Would be better without the one with the draw.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    The days of 25k glass boats went away a long time ago. Just wait because when the housing market bottom drops out so will everything else used. In a year or two people will be practically giving away boats. Interest rates high and covid money dried up.
    Appreciate that perspective. Emotionally, I'm eager to get what I want *right now.* But simple logic for any price-conscious buyer is 2021/2022 is just not the smart time to buy a really nice new (or used) boat.

17. Member
    I really don't get the name change. Could easily have just been an update to the Margay.

18. Member
    Like the looks of the new boat don't know if I would prefer it over my margay. I can't tell if they moved the cooler to under the middle seat which right now has nothing on my boat. Also by adding the second step is it assumed the deck has been raised to the extent where the side boxes are deeper? My only complaint about my margay (which is a wonderful boat by the way and has been awesome since 2013) are the seats. Would love to have seen this boat get a revision on the seats as they are just not comfortable in bigger water. Otherwise it is a sharp boat just hard to imagine it is 16k more than I paid for mine in 2013. Inflation sux but I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by blublazer View Post
    Just priced a 2022 sabre 50k+. Ouch! I wish I wouldnt have just sold mine.
    Dealer near me just posted a beautiful new PII for $53,000 the other day if you’re in the market.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbRookie View Post
    Yep, although with "Bobcat" downgraded to THREE PERSON capacity, Sabre may be only new BCB offering that matches up with my family.
    CobbRookie - I have a 2018 Sabre rated for 4 people, but photos on the new models show a 3 person capacity as well. BCB cited new published regulations sometime today.
    2018 Bass Cat Sabre, 150 HP Pro XS, Helix 10s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast