250 HPDI Prop Hub Kit

I got a new prop (Yamaha) for my 250 Vmax HPDI and the hub kit given to me was a Solas 203B, but I am not sure it shouldnt have the 203X which uses both the original thrust washer plus a new one that fits over the old one. I contacted Solas (form email) and they said for my 250 SHO I need the 203X, but I clearly told them I dont have a SHO, I have a 250 Vmax HPDI. Any thoughts?! Gracias my friends...........

2. Member
    What Yamaha propeller?

Why is a Solas hub kit being used in a new Yamaha propeller? If the Yamaha propeller is new, why is a hub kit of any kind even needed?

A VZ250TLR and a VF250LA use the same Yamaha two piece thrust washer, rear spacer, washer and propeller nut. Would seem reasonable to me that whatever Solas hardware has been engineered for the VF250LA SHO would also apply to the VF250TLR?

But then I am not understanding what Solas has to do with this. Confusing to me. What am I missing?

3. Member

4. Member
    Thanks for the inquiry. Its one of the newer hub design Turbo for Yamaha, by Yamaha, whatever, with the hub kits you can replace yourself in the event of damage.

5. Member
    Looking at the schematic the present prop is a Powertech, and there is only 1 rear thrust washer, not 2........interesting. I love these little boating hassles, argh.

6. Member
    Turbo prop. Got it.

Normally a Turbo hub kit is used. With a Turbo thrust washer. When I get home later today I will respond further.

7. Member
    VZ250 and VF250 use the same Turbo hub insert and thrust washer from what I am seeing.