Ghost Trolling Motor 47" Or 52"

I Just What To Say Thank You In Advance... I Have A ChampioN 210 Elite, Like To Know What Size Ghost TM Yous Prefer 47" Or 52" On Your 210 Elite Rigs, Any And All Input Is Welcome. Also Order'D 2 10' Power Poles Blades. Running Interstate Batteries 3 Group 27 & 1 Group 31 MHD. That's Alot Of Weight, Just In Batteries. Not Including Fuel, Don't Need That Bow Lifting To Much More. Lithium Batteries Are On The Menu. Thanks Once Again...

2. Member
    I got a 52 on old style 202.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've got a 52 or 54 Digital Pro on my 210 and it is raised up about 6-8" in the bracket, so I figure a 47 will work just fine most all the time, but I like the security of the 52 if the extra length is needed on a rough day. you need to talk to TX Strampion about 10' Blades. He has a hell of a time keeping bushings in his. I've got 8' and don't have any issues with the joints getting sloppy like he does, but sure wish I had that extra 2' a lot. The gas tank is more on the CG, so its weight is not really contributing to the balance of the boat. I personally think the extra batttery back there might help some.

I'm interested to see what others say on the Ghost. One is in my plan, but I have a few other things I want to get done first.

Hey Tx Champ, Thanks For The Reply. I Believe She Was Rigged With A 45" MG, When She Was On The Showroom Floor. I Have A Tendency To Stand Right At The Bow & Start Pitching, Had My Fair Share Reel Blow Ups. The Head Of The TM Stands Out About 10" Plus. The Transducer Is Already 16" Below The Waterline Not Including The Motor Housing. I'm Kinda Leaning Towards The 47" Ghost. I Still Have Plenty Of Time. Thanks Again...

5. Member
    I have a 52 Ghost on my 196 and GLAD I do!

6. Member
    The trolling motor sets at an angle more than most boats on a Champion. So watch out for the long trolling motor when launching around piers or docks especially if the wind is howling. That said I had the shaft on my trolling motor cut down to 50” which is a about right for my boat. A 47 “ would work unless you fish open water with boat traffic or high wind. I do though and at 50 “ mine stays in the water. I guess it can depend on how your boat sits when fishing on what will work for you.

Hey rboren, I Appreciate The Info... Quick Question How Much Shaft, Do You Have Below The Water Line. Thanks Again...

8. Member
    I have a 206 with dual 10’ blades, 3 group 27s 1 group 31 AGM and the 52”. Had the 47” first and couldn’t keep it in the water at Rayburn fishing offshore. Used it one trip and it was back to the store where they thankfully let me exchange it. I also REALLY want to get lithium’s. With gas and live wells boats a pig out of the hole. Empty it’s fine.

9. Member
    I'm running a 47 on a 21sx which is a 206 hull with a taller fish and ski top cap and I have no problems with it coming out of the water and fish plenty of big water. I do have 4 lithiums in the back though so my battery weight is very reduced compared to what it was with Lead Acid. With the old batteries definitely did come out of the water sometimes but not enough that I would have gone longer since I fish shallower tidal waters alot.

10. Member
    Hey Mr. 210 Elite,
    I have a 210 as well and had no issues with the 45" Minnkota. The 210, has the L mid boat gas tank, so it sits more level than the older narrow beam rear gas tank Champions. I think a 47" should be perfect, I definitely needed a 52" on my previous Champion 203. The only other factor to consider, would be if you fish Mead or Clearlake on very windy days offshore.
    Last edited by jeffleo; 07-26-2021 at 05:43 PM.

11. Member
    I'm switching to a 52" as I spend a good deal of time on the great lakes (Michigan mostly). I lightened my back end by switching to lithium batteries. I took out my charger, because you don't need that on the water, so it's just extra weight. I have two 12' talons as well.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

12. Member
    If you need this measurement, I'll try and get it this weekend when I'm on the water. I have a 47 ghost and it's plenty. I had a 206 before this and it sits higher than the 210, so I agree what the others are saying about the 52 on a 206. Fish offshore at toledo bend a lot, if the 47 ghost is coming out the water, I'm not fishing and the water is coming over the bow.