Thread: G LOOMIS GCX

G LOOMIS GCX

New series on there home page. Anyone hear anything about them. Pro staff buddy brought it up, but no info other then what is on there site.

2. Member
    Sounds like a new line that will fall between e6 and IMX on price ($250-$280). There is an article on a website called outdoors first.

3. Member
    Looks like they're up for pre-order on American Legacy now. I'm interested to hear what people think of them when they come out.

4. Member
    Interested to see how they stack up against similarly priced rods. Wasn’t impressed much by the e6x. In my opinion you don’t get the full Loomis experience until you step up into the GLX and nrx range.

5. Member
    I disagree. About every g Loomis there is. I actually like the IMX’s better than my GLX’s. E6 were ok. I think there were a lot of rods that were it’s quality and feel for a few dollars cheaper.

6. Member
    Love GLX and NRX. Agree w/ 5by3 that e6x are not in line w/ Loomis quality levels. Very heavy to me w/ low sensitivity even for the entry level price point.

7. Member
    Looks like it’s pretty much the e6x with a just an upgraded guided train. I really wish they’d bring the 872s model to the lower lines of their rods.

8. Member
    E6X baitcasters are OK but better options at similar price point (St Croix Avid for one). E6X spinning rods leave a lot to be desired. I wont be buying one.

IMX PRO's are OK but IMO not nearly as crisp as the old IMX rods. Older IMX's were one of my favorties,

Looms GLX and up are special. MBR844C is one of the best and most versatile rods I've ever

9. Member
    Agree with @ElVon. I’m on the bank, and if I had to choose 1 rod:mbr glx 844. For me it’s the perfect all around rod. I have the 843 and 842, but 1 rod, 844 without a doubt.