Is this possible?

My bow Carbon 9 HDS apparently lost the downscan part of the 3D SS transducer. And that’s what I really use. I have since replaced it with a standard HDI ducer I had put back. Not ready to drop more $$ on a new one. My question relates to the side scan function. It still seems to work ok I attached a picture.
    1A97DDA8-E648-4524-B72C-2C66249BAE64.jpegCan I mount the bad transducer on the transom and run the side scan off of that while at the same time use the HDI on the TM to run downscan? I have the 3D SS module if that makes a difference. Just trying to figure out my best options. Anything above just downscan is a bonus at this point.
    Thanks
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

2. Banned
    I recommend up dating software on HDS and SS3D. I dont think you are using latest versions.

3. Member
    Update to this: StructureScan 3D Software (20.3) Release Date: 8 June 2021

Version: 20.3-64.5.29

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    I recommend up dating software on HDS and SS3D. I dont think you are using latest versions.

Finally found where it shows what version I am running. It said I am running 20.3. That the current is 20.3. And that there are no updates available. How can I get to the Ss3D version info?
    When I get back from vacation I will hook that transducer up one more time to try. Thanks
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

5. Banned
    The SS3D version is showing on your picture. You are using version 20.0-63.1.291. 20.3 is the current version.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    The SS3D version is showing on your picture. You are using version 20.0-63.1.291. 20.3 is the current version.
    Well if what you are seeing shows I am running 20.0. And it says I am running 20.3 when I go in and look. How do I get it to run 20.3? I went in to where it would tell me any updates are ready to go and it says there aren’t any.
    I have about a month before my next tournament so I want to plug in the Ss3D ducer and give it another try. Thanks
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

7. Member
    Just download the 3D update and do it. If it’s not the latest nothing will happen, if you need it, it will update. The versions for everything on your network can be found at Pages, Settings, Info. That should show the software version of both the unit and the module. They should both be updated to the latest software for optimal performance
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judson1 View Post
    Well if what you are seeing shows I am running 20.0. And it says I am running 20.3 when I go in and look. How do I get it to run 20.3? I went in to where it would tell me any updates are ready to go and it says there aren’t any.
    I have about a month before my next tournament so I want to plug in the Ss3D ducer and give it another try. Thanks
    LOL. Look at source in the photo you posted. That is your current SS3D software version. Same for the middle top of your screen. I have never seen the SS display show one version and the info screen show another.

9. Member
    the 20,3 software version you are referring to is the software of the unit. there is a software version update for your ss 3d module. you need to be running the same software for both unit and module. download the latest software version for your 3d box. turn on the unit and ss3d module, insert the card you saved the update on, go to pages, my files and whatever card slot you put your card in, click on the update and follow the prompts on the screen

10. Member
    It prompted me to do the update upon starting the unit at home this time. Through the WiFi connection I downloaded and installed the new version. Came to the lake, installed the transducer back on TM and the downscan isn’t any better. Still will not show a solid bottom or depth. I’ve never had 3DSs but that doesn’t appear to work either. Side scan looks fine. I have played with just about every key on the attached page. Cannot enable network temp and data either. Only reason I am trying to is I cannot get a depth reading on downscan.
    Also when I went to installation and chose the Ss3D ducer and hit save it always defaults to 2D sonar which I thought wasn’t available on this? I mean it doesn’t work but it goes to it. 41B51815-6F51-4E9D-9162-4C96FA3D8D7C.jpeg
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

11. Member
    There is just way too much going on here to assist over the Internet. I feel like your units are fine and performing as they should. Do you not have an experienced user near you who could walk you through what you want to do?

You also state your 3D transducer lost Downscan. Only time I’ve heard of that is because of an impact. You know that Downscan is now a selectable icon on the pages tab right? You don’t select it the view menu.

Finally, you cannot have two Structure sources working at the same time on one unit. So, the fact that you have an HDI and 3D is also screwing you up.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    There is just way too much going on here to assist over the Internet. I feel like your units are fine and performing as they should. Do you not have an experienced user near you who could walk you through what you want to do?

You also state your 3D transducer lost Downscan. Only time I’ve heard of that is because of an impact. You know that Downscan is now a selectable icon on the pages tab right? You don’t select it the view menu.

Finally, you cannot have two Structure sources working at the same time on one unit. So, the fact that you have an HDI and 3D is also screwing you up.

NoCAL
    I agree a local person would be best. I will try and find someone. But to answer some of your questions the HDI transducer has only been installed so I could fish my tournament and see a bottom. Whenever I used it I went in and selected “this unit” and changed the transducer pick in installation. So it was always either/or with the transducers.
    And I have been using this setup since I bought the boat last October. I was never impressed with the downscan, but it worked. Then it just got worse. Not because I was in there messing with it. I’ve been messing with it to make it better. And I choose side, down, or 3D, chart from the pages screen. I took screenshots but am unsure if I can pull them off the Lowrance app or must I always insert a card and download?
    Thanks for trying to assist over the internet. I know that isn’t easy.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

13. Banned
    It prompted me to do the update upon starting the unit at home this time. Through the WiFi connection I downloaded and installed the new version. Came to the lake, installed the transducer back on TM and the downscan isn’t any better. Still will not show a solid bottom or depth. I’ve never had 3DSs but that doesn’t appear to work either. Side scan looks fine. I have played with just about every key on the attached page. Cannot enable network temp and data either. Only reason I am trying to is I cannot get a depth reading on downscan.
    Also when I went to installation and chose the Ss3D ducer and hit save it always defaults to 2D sonar which I thought wasn’t available on this? I mean it doesn’t work but it goes to it. 41B51815-6F51-4E9D-9162-4C96FA3D8D7C.jpeg
    You don't install the SS3D on that page. It connects via ethernet from the SS3D black box and is automatically recognized by the MFD via ethernet. The black box has 3 ethernet ports and acts as an ethernet hub to allow sharing between 3 MFDs or 2 MFDs and Active Target or LiveSight.

14. Member
    I agree a local person would be best. I will try and find someone.
    For once I hope I ain't the friend you're about to 'phone'.

I was reading through this thinking 'dang, someone else like me that fights their units' ...... then I noticed halfway through the thread it was YOU ...... so just know I'm here for moral support. LOL!!!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

You are using version 20.0-63.1.291.

true, 20.3 is the current version.

I always take a cell pic of setting pages...Mine shows current as 20.3 BUT 64.5.29

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    For once I hope I ain't the friend you're about to 'phone'.

I was reading through this thinking 'dang, someone else like me that fights their units' ...... then I noticed halfway through the thread it was YOU ...... so just know I'm here for moral support. LOL!!!
    LOL no I won’t be calling you. I’ll revisit this issue when the boat gets back from the shop.
    Boats are great huh.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    You are using version 20.0-63.1.291.

true, 20.3 is the current version.

I always take a cell pic of setting pages...Mine shows current as 20.3 BUT 64.5.29
    4BD0CCFC-5EE3-42C9-AE5C-C4D0B0E2278B.jpeg

This was the last time I was working with it.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

18. Member
    LOL no I won’t be calling you. I’ll revisit this issue when the boat gets back from the shop.
    Boats are great huh.
    Just make sure you remember all this tech stuff so when I need help for a change. All this “updates” and “downloads” is above my head (seriously).

I’ve been thinking about going back to a rock on a string wrapped around a Folgers can myself.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

19. Member
    Once I get my boat back from the shop I need to figure this out. Aside from the thought of transducer trouble I need to consider moving the transducer back to the transom again. But I’d like to know it’s working before going through the trouble of moving it back there again. Just trying to figure out how best to set up. I could keep this Carbon up front and also grab an HDI 7 (I have one stuck back)to go up front as well. Then I would have a unit I feel comfortable with along with the Carbon for my C-Map and/or side scan/structure scan. I didn’t feel like the 3n1 transducer up front was a bad idea. Although trying to get good readings for side scan is a little more challenging from the trolling motor. Gotta find a Lowrance guy in my club or something to assist.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest