plastic nipple for water pressure hose

So the nipple on the plastic water pressure plug that goes in the lower unit snapped off, leaving the tube dangling. Anyone managed to find a replacement or McGuyver it? This is a 98 175 Ficht.

Thanks.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    ChampioNman is your E-Rude guy. I don't know how often he checks here, but you might also post in the Evinrude/Johnson Forum. He's one of the moderators there.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    ChampioNman is your E-Rude guy. I don't know how often he checks here, but you might also post in the Evinrude/Johnson Forum. He's one of the moderators there.

Retired moderator. Water pressure isn't picked up from the lower that is the speedometer pickup. Part number is 036535 it is driven in. Use a 1/4" drill bit to remove the remnants from the lower. Mark the bit with some tape at about 1/4" for a depth gauge. Don't want to go too far into the case. Useless gauge as the Pitot pickup will clog with junk and you need a drill bit to clean it out, clean it out by hand.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Retired moderator. Water pressure isn't picked up from the lower that is the speedometer pickup. Part number is 036535 it is driven in. Use a 1/4" drill bit to remove the remnants from the lower. Mark the bit with some tape at about 1/4" for a depth gauge. Don't want to go too far into the case. Useless gauge as the Pitot pickup will clog with junk and you need a drill bit to clean it out, clean it out by hand.
    Thanks ChampioNman, I'll leave it as is.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Retired moderator.
    You need to let the big guy know there buddy, you're still listed at the top of the page ... I didn't believe you had it in you.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    You need to let the big guy know there buddy, you're still listed at the top of the page ... I didn't believe you had it in you.

Too much work for him to change the banner page, but if you look at my profile you'll see I only have the SC club forum listed in my credits. I have no magical powers on the E/J boards.