Anyone running a Z17?

Looking at the Z17 real hard and Im trying to get some real owner reviews.
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

2. Member
    Nitro owners on FB has a few guys running them. We sell 4-6 a year and most folks are pleased.
    Born to fish, forced to work.

3. Member
    I have a 2018 that I purchased new in 2019. 115 Pro XS, 70 lb trolling motor, passenger console. I've never had a passenger in the boat so performance is based on one occupant. The boat will run low 50s gps speed. The boat and trailer are well thought out and fish and trailer well. I've owned at least a dozen bass boats over the years including, Skeeter, Ranger, Stratos, and an Allison. This boat is fine on smooth to small chop on the water. It is too short and light to be a great boat to run 50mph in rough water. It is a stable fishing platform and the 70 pound thrust trolling motor upgrade is a nice feature to have. I think the boat would fish two anglers just fine and the rod storage is just decent. I use rod sox as the rod tips can get semi stuck up in the bow if you don't. The most important feature to me is that the boat fits in one side of my 21' garage. I've had the boat in the water at least seventy times and I'm happy with it as it fits my needs and has been trouble free.

4. Member
    Many years ago my first fiberglass boat was 640 great little boat fished two guys ok. trouble free I have been in 20 or 21 for the last 15 years. I would recommend for you to buy the biggest boat you can afford without stretching the bank and don’t look back.

good luck and enjoy

5. Member
    I bought a Z6 (same boat) 12 years ago running a 115 Optimax. Great boat. I just sold it for a Z19, only because I needed the stability of a bigger boat as I look at 80. It fished well, top speed of about 50 mph. Trouble free.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

6. Member
    I really like the z17. When it first came out a few years back, my buddy and I were in a basspro looking at boats and he climbed in one, walked around inside it and said yeah this is sweet man, then jumped out and said: "Wait, this is a 17?" He thought it was a z18, and had just hopped in the first boat he saw. My point here is that it feels like a much bigger boat than many 17-18ft boats that I've owned in the past. I don't own one, but if I ever give up my big boat, the z17 will probably be my choice. Just wish you could get a 150 on it. . .

7. Member
    Wife and I looked at 3 Z17's at PC and fell in love. Of course the salesman was very helpful in answering our questions about options we could get even though they arent on the website, like bigger tm, bigger graphs and a trailer bow step! We are selling one of our houses and as soon as it sells we are putting an order in for a Z17. Its the perfect size for us and still boasts a ton of storage for our tackle! We cant wait!
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic