Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you go to BK expecting a gourmet burger or a sit down restaurant quality burger then you will probably be disappointed. You have to have realistic expectations when eating fast food.

They all sucked in 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997 and so forth … it’s just when you’re young and don’t have a sophisticated palate it all tastes good to you. When you’re in your early 20’s 7-11 microwave burritos are a delicacy when you’re shitfaced at 3am. Not so much now. That’s why you rarely see adults eating Lunchables …. to a kid it’s gourmet, we all know it’s garbage
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Did the dog eat it?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    With the way things are currently they probably won't even attempt to find another job but rather rake in the free money floating about. I'm more speaking about down the road whenever things settle back down and having to explain that move on their work history.
    How does one collect the free money?? Here in Mn, if you just quit your job, you're not eligible for UI benefits. Is it different there/anywhere?

5. Banned
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 07-24-2021 at 04:57 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    How does one collect the free money?? Here in Mn, if you just quit your job, you're not eligible for UI benefits. Is it different there/anywhere?
    I heard some are submitting false claims and they are not really being checked for various reasons like lack of manpower and such....

7. Banned
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 07-24-2021 at 04:57 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I heard some are submitting false claims and they are not really being checked for various reasons like lack of manpower and such....
    I could believe that. I've wondered this very thing...as we are having huge supplier issues, and it's all due to lack of manpower. Never been on unemployment, but always thought if you quit or were terminated, you were ineligible.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    You're kidding right? You've obviously not tried to hire hourly help lately. You can quit a job here right this minute, walk down the street and have another in under 30 minutes. Everyone's begging for help and your work history doesn't mean shit.
    Yup and I've been trying to change careers for over a year now, and can't get an interview even with all the connections I have.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    They all sucked in 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997 and so forth … it’s just when you’re young and don’t have a sophisticated palate it all tastes good to you. When you’re in your early 20’s 7-11 microwave burritos are a delicacy when you’re shitfaced at 3am. Not so much now. That’s why you rarely see adults eating Lunchables …. to a kid it’s gourmet, we all know it’s garbage
    7-11 burrito's brings back memories..

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Right. Mcnuggets the same. I tell people what's in them and they cringe. But, their kids scream for them and that's what they feed them regardless. Going against better judgement to shut the kid up.

And, most adults understand the low level of quality that is fast foods, to make commentary otherwise is simply being obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Asabove View Post
    Right. Mcnuggets the same. I tell people what's in them and they cringe. But, their kids scream for them and that's what they feed them regardless. Going against better judgement to shut the kid up.

And, most adults understand the low level of quality that is fast foods, to make commentary otherwise is simply being obtuse.
    Or it's called just being realistic about what to expect.

Burger Kings around here are 100X better than McDonalds, for burgers. And it's hard to beat a $1 Whopper on Wednesdays.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Or it's called just being realistic about what to expect.
    So, you're saying most people, including some here, don't know the difference between a steak at Ruth's Chris and a whopper. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asabove View Post
    So, you're saying most people, including some here, don't know the difference between a steak at Ruth's Chris and a whopper. Got it.

I just saying if you go into a BK expecting it to much more than kill your hunger pain till your next meal you probably will not be happy with their food. Most people go there because they have kids, are in a hurry or have few limited choices in the area to grab a quick bite is all.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I just saying if you go into a BK expecting it to much more than kill your hunger pain till your next meal
    Who's doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Yup and I've been trying to change careers for over a year now, and can't get an interview even with all the connections I have.
    So you're saying that because you walked out of a low skill no paying job without giving 2 weeks notice that no one will hire you?

18. Banned

So you're saying that because you walked out of a low skill no paying job without giving 2 weeks notice that no one will hire you?
    Totally agree with you but just to clarify but about half of them gave two weeks notice then it started rolling down hill in the days after that per the Journal Star article.

20. Member
    No, no, I have a good job but its hard to change careers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast