Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    No, no, I have a good job but its hard to change careers.
    Are you willing to relocate?

My kids think Whoppers taste great but turn their noses up at $20 ribeyes and sautéed mushrooms and onions. Makes me want to smack the tongue out of 'em.

Agreed with others that we're now probably acclimated to the In N Out / Five Guys / Smashburger / Shake Shack level burgers that we didn't have as kids. The best burger in the 70's and 80's IMO was Roy Rogers and their Fixins bar. Whopper was #2.

3. Member
    The two week notice deal is all but gone.

Employers dump employees on the spot. Employees dump employers on the spot. Hell, most times, if someone gives two weeks, they are immediately let go and told they are done.

The only time I see giving a good notice being relevant anymore is in higher level positions, with greater responsibilities.

Part of the the lack of loyalty by employees is due to employers who give zero respect, appreciation, etc. to employees. That said, part of that is due to the chitty employees.

Quite honestly, the pool of candidates for work right now is pretty chitty. Why? Most of the available people are pretty chitty.

It is a sad state right now that I do not see improving, as the moral, ethics and drive is all but gone in folks anymore. Too many freebies out there.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

4. Member
    BK is having big issues here in Nebraska, my wife really likes the whopper when we were out doing some errands on Saturday we stopped by 3 different Burger Kings and all of them were closed with signs that said "Closed due to shortage of employees "
    John the Garage Doorman

5. Member
    I like a good shake shack burger every now and then but can't stomach a BK whopper. Back in the 70s they were one of the best fast food burgers out there.

6. Moderator
    Not a BK fan and surprised they are still in business.

7. Member
    We have an Wendy’s that is paying $18 and they can’t find work. So they close every week night 6:00.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKW View Post
    Are you willing to relocate?
    No, my wifes job is a local family business and it is far too lucerative to leave.

9. Member
    what the heck! i love burger king, i lived on it while stationed in Pensacola, Fla in the early 70's. rather have a BK then any others.

We had a great meal at our local BK the other evening. I even saved my receipt and made a comment on their survey about how outstanding one of their employees was. He was pleasant, big smile, and after we began eating he even came to our table to make sure our meal was satisfactory. To me, the whopper tastes as good as it ever did.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I must be one of the only people that likes BK.
    I like them on occasion. Our McDonalds are horrrible!

12. Member
    happened here at our local little caesers pizza a week or two ago
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

13. Member
    These type of fast food restaurants are going to have to become more efficient and rely less on human labor. If they want to be able to sell cheap food they are going to need to reduce their need for labor. It will take a few years but that is where it is headed. I never thought I would see a self checkout at Publix but ours added one a few months ago.

14. Member
    Good for them!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asabove View Post
    Who's doing that?
    I Do. If I eat fast food it's because I want it fast just because I'm hungry and don't want to wait on a decent meal. I thought that was what those type places were for, just filling a hole in your belly. Overall, they're all about the same.

About the only ones I won't eat are DQ and Hardee's, but in a pinch and in the middle of nowhere......

I've even been known to eat one of those 12 hour old slices of pizza like substance in the glass box at the convenience store about once decade.

16. Member
    Pass on bk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123