Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If I fly for work, company pays for a rental car. Luckily haven’t had to fly as most travel was shut down last year. My job locally went away in April and on permanent assignment out of state. I drive 162 miles twice a week. I drive my 2018 GMC 1500 Sierra. I don’t care how many miles I put on my truck, I bought it to drive, and it’s my only vehicle. When I approach 100k miles, I’ll start looking for another new one. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then. Company pays me $182/week for mileage to cover fuel, wear and tear, maintenance, etc. Easier to pack my truck every week and unpack at home than to get a rental car.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

We have rental car company’s bidding used cars to the moon to try and buy anything in nice shape with decent miles … before now they would dump before factory warranty would get close .. you don’t expect them to eat the difference fo you ?

3. Member
    It seems like everything's more expensive, and rental cars are no exception. Sometimes, it's almost the same to rent from a high-end place as it is from the more budget options. A few weeks ago, I just turned back from Phoenix and I found Fisher Luxury Rental. They had such great deals that I ended up getting their G wagon for my 10-day stay, and it was amazing, especially since it wasn't very pricey compared to other rental companies. If you're in that area, definitely contact them.
    Last edited by KAddis; 04-01-2024 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAddis View Post
    It seems like everything's more expensive, and rental cars are no exception. Sometimes, it's almost the same to rent from a high-end place as it is from the more budget options.
    Just curious why you brought this back from the dead and replied now vs a month after you joined us when this was first posted.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    They sold off most of their inventory to stay afloat during the government mandated shutdowns... Couple that with massive new car demand there is nothing for them to buy. A rental in Bozeman montana was $600+ a day a few weeks ago...we drove instead.... Rentals for next week in hawaii are non-existent so I booked a car on turo. This issue won't be going away anytime soon....hell $100 a day is cheap now..
    I've never understood how the Covid mess triggered so many people to go out and buy new vehicles, even competing over them to the point that they ended up paying MSRP or even above MSRP. That's some weird psychological shit there! Helped create all the rampant inflation that came out of Covid because businesses realized they could raise prices all they wanted for their goods/services and enough fools would pay it that most businesses still had all the business they could handle -- so why not set ridiculous prices?

6. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Just curious why you brought this back from the dead and replied now vs a month after you joined us when this was first posted.
    LOL I didn't check the date of the thread until I saw a deleted post from our very hydrated, regular, and banned friend. And my neighbors rent a car for their long trips. They did for their road trip from Little Rock to Alaska for sure. They also have always owned less than perfect vehicles that are normally fine for hopping around town but not something you'd want to trust for a long road trip.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    lol exactly. Kind of like the guys who get a 30 mpg commuter car for their 20 mile commute instead of just using their truck. Do it for “gas savings”, while failing to factor in increased maintenance, licensing, insurance, and the cost of the commuter car.
    We just did this. Except its 25 miles each way. Going from 13-14.5 mpg to 37. We are also driving alot further besides just work though too.

May just be the area but I rented a car this past weekend in Jupiter Fla and they had plenty at 49.95 a day

9. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    We rented this past weekend in Arizona from Sixt. Got a AWD Subaru which was nice in the unexpected snow the whole trip for 5 days for $409. And they had a lot full of cars.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I was thinking about renting a Nitro Z19 for our club tournament this weekend. Me and my partner are planning on making a long run first thing in the morning.

Almost missed this one glad I took a second look that sure sounds like a good plan saving some hours on that engine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123