175 hp 2008 optimax pro xs bogging down on hole shot

115 on all 6 cylinders. Spark in all 6 cylinders. 23p power tech one vent filled boat Boggs down from 1500 rpm to 3000 rpm then gets up barely and runs wide open 5600 rpm 61 mph. 500 hrs on engine, previous owner ran 300 of the hours from 1k rpm to 3900 rpm range so I applied dons shock treatment didn’t really notice a lot of carbon burn. I would love feedback this problem has been frustrating. Other props were attempted 21 p four blade 23 p four blade 24 p tempest 23 p tempest. This is a 18.5 ranger 188 vex. Also the boat had a new lower unit installed the tech said no faults showed up on cp.

2. Member
    id check for loose or disconnected tuner , and be watching fuel psi also when bog occurs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

As we have discussed by PM (also), checking the exhaust tuner is a very wise place to start.

Also: What PART NUMBER was the new gearcase that was installed?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    It’s confirmed that the tuner is either sheered off or the bolts have broken off, I have scheduled appointment for this expensive repair he estimated 5 hrs labor and parts. I also asked him per dons recommendation to disconnect the extra fuel filter installed inside my ranger.

5. Member
    do some research on here about that repair special care must be taken install new tuner , NO more nylocs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................