Ned-rig bait casting rod

Recommendation for a Ned rig bc rod, around 200.00.
    Or if you would have one custom built: length, power, line size and sinker weight.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I use a 7'1" Light-Fast Phenix Feather. Also have the same rod in a Medium-Light, but use the Light-Fast for Neds, hair jigs, etc. Great rod, $150 - no need to go custom IMO.

3. Member
    I use a Dixie Custom rods icon series finesse special & it works great. Lifetime warranty too. I sure like mine & it was $130.00 when I bought it, but it’s been awhile.

4. Member
    Les,
    What is the spec's on your rod, length etc....
    thanks

5. Member
    $200.. St Croix Avid AVS69MLXF

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish 4 Fun Txn View Post
    Les,
    What is the spec's on your rod, length etc....
    thanks
    I'll have to look to be sure, but 12lb. max line weight & medium action with micro guides.It's sensitive & i'd sure buy another one. I'd call him & tell him exactly what you're looking for & he'll be able to help you out. 865-740-3968 is the phone number.

7. Member
    Les, Thanks

8. Member
    Take a look at a lightweight saltwater popping rod. TFO makes a good for at a good price. 6-6 6-10 be a nice size.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

9. Member
    My favorite ned rig rods are the Daiwa 7'6" ML/M rods. They make them from the Tatula line up to the Steez line. Pick the one that fits your budget and enjoy.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyecrazy View Post
    My favorite ned rig rods are the Daiwa 7'6" ML/M rods. They make them from the Tatula line up to the Steez line. Pick the one that fits your budget and enjoy.
    Are any of those baitcasting rods?

11. Member
    Nope, I completely missed that part lol

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    I use a 7'1" Light-Fast Phenix Feather. Also have the same rod in a Medium-Light, but use the Light-Fast for Neds, hair jigs, etc. Great rod, $150 - no need to go custom IMO.
    I use the same rod.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    This is exactly the one I'd pick up if it were me. Agree 100% with your assessment. If the OP is planning to throw more in the 1/4 oz range (not really a "Ned rig" anymore in my opinion, but I know lots of guys who fish them that way) maybe consider the ML, and could use it as double duty for a shakey head rod, light cover wacky worms, flukes.

That whole series is incredible for any technique where you want sensitivity or otherwise want an xfast action (soft tip, backbone arrives quickly). I think I have 6 of them. They fish as well as rods costing twice as much. The only thing to know is that generally the higher powered models fish about 1 power lighter on a "standard" power rating scale than they are rated, but I think the lighter powered models are pretty spot on. It works out as the MH basically fills in the missing M power in the lineup. Sidenote: Even though the "Feather" name doesn't exactly suggest it, the XH versions make great frog rods (perfect tip action for accurate casts and walking a frog) in addition to great rods for heavier Texas rigs, C-rigs, football jigs, and even heavier flipping.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

I throw 1/15 and 1/20 oz. ned rig heads on a 7" St. Croix Bass X Med fast and it works great paired with a Revo ALX bait caster with 8 or 10# Invix. Perfect action.