Smoked Mac and Cheese

This is for one 28oz box of macaroni adjust if your doing more

Cook 1 lb of bacon let cool and crumble

Boil pasta per package. Drain and set aside. If I'm cooking it for us at home I do the following in cast iron pan and put it in the smoker. If I'm doing it for someone else I cook in a pan and transfer to aluminum pan to take. Heat skillet over medium heat. Melt 1/2 stick of butter in skillet. Add 1/4 cup of all purpose flour. Stir and cook for about 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of whole milk and 1 cup of heavy cream. Stir. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. 1/4 teaspoon of bbq rub. Stir. Next add 2 cups of Velveeta cheese cut into small chunks and stir. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese. When cheese sauce is combined pour half of it into a bowl. Add pasta to skillet and start to stir with sauce. Keep adding sauce from bowl back to skillet until all is combined. You may need to add a touch more milk. Lightly dust top of macaroni with a little more rub. Cover top with crumbled bacon. Place in the smoker until top is brown. Normally takes about 40 minutes depending on temp of pit. This is the way I do it if I'm serving it with bbq or chicken. If it's for a main dish I add pulled pork to it.

You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    I’m going to have to try this one, love smoked Mac, throw some pulled pork of burnt ends in, can’t be much better
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Thank You!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

And for the leftovers
    Keep in the fridge until last minute it needs to stay cold. Heat a pot of oil to 360 for deep frying. Take a bag of House Autry hushpuppy mix and combine per directions on the bag. Take small scoop and make small balls out of cold mac and cheese. Drop in mix then into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Serve with a marinara sauce. Puts cheese sticks to shame
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Moderator
    Looks awesome

That sounds and looks good!

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

7. Member
    should look up non-boil methods for smoked mac and cheese. Next level

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

8. Member
    A little sumthin from July 3rd. Added bacon & charred chicken breast straps. 20210703_173546.jpg

Malcolm Reeds smoked mac n cheese is pretty awesome too. Very similar with a couple of more ingredients.

Just smoked this to go with the pork butt I smoked yesterday. Put some baconbits on top.20210911_165034.jpg
    Last edited by skeeter_tzx; 09-11-2021 at 05:14 PM.