Thread: Top water rod

Top water rod

Looking for a suggestion on a good topwater rod in that 150.00 range or less. Something 6'6" to 6'8".

Have a look at the Daiwa Tatula TTU661MFB as a good option. A lot of guys use it for top water, jerk baits, etc. and it's a very nice rod at that price point.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Have a look at the Daiwa Tatula TTU661MFB as a good option. A lot of guys use it for top water, jerk baits, etc. and it's a very nice rod at that price point.
    Well I just purchased this rod today from Tackle Trap. Hopefully it fits the bill. I own a tatula spinning rod which I’m very impressed with for a $160 rod.

Thank you - It's shipping out today since it was after the same day ship cut off time. You can log into your account and check tracking information. Let us know how it works out for you. I agree, the whole Tatula rod series are such a great value.

5. Member
    I really like the tatula but the Kage has the edge over the tatula in my opinion.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I really like the tatula but the Kage has the edge over the tatula in my opinion.
    Agreed, but at a higher price point, and the shortest lightest power Kage casting rod is a 7'1" Medium Extra Fast which doesn't fit the specs that the OP has requested.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Agreed, but at a higher price point, and the shortest lightest power Kage casting rod is a 7'1" Medium Extra Fast which doesn't fit the specs that the OP has requested.
    Exactly. Even tho I prefer longer rods in a lot of applications the kage would not work for what I need it for. Thanks again.

8. Member
    Just received my rod yesterday from Tackle Trap. Very fast shipping! Thank you. The rod is beautiful and feels fantastic. Now just have to get it out on the water.