Thread: Lowrance repair

Lowrance repair

Is there a local KY repair shop for a Lowrance depth finders? I have an in dash Lowrance X51 and was going to replace , but if I could get the unit repaired I might go that direction.
    I see online Marine Works in Harrodsburg says they do repairs, just not sure of the quality or reliability of them for electronics.

I run Lowrance Elite 7 HDS units but would like to have a depth finder that reads while I'm on plane. If I could get the X51 working with a puck in the bildge that would be a cleaner setup as opposed to installing something else.
    Thoughts?

20210713_155716.jpg
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Just looking at your picture looks like a water leak on the unit. Don't think you will be able to find someone to repair that unit, cheaper to replace.

Finding someone to repair a Lowrance unit is hard. Most of the time Lowrance will work on them if they are still under warranty. If just barely out of the warranty most of the time they offer a discount on a new unit. The unit in your picture is an older basic model unit so Lowrance is not going to be any help. No offense but more than likely repair would cost more than what unit is worth. I would do some research and see what units are compatible to your transducer and simply replace the head unit. It may be possible there is still something new that is compatible to your transducer. If not then look for a used unit that is compatible to your transducer on e-bay.

Gene, thanks for the info. Yes probably original equipment on my Stratos. I am running 2 Lowrance Elite 7's (HDS) and the pictured Lowrance has no transducer that I am aware of.
    So repair is more than likely out of the question.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Regarding the particular transducer for the sonar you have in the dash of your Stratos it was typically mounted with the transducer inside the bilge (shoot thru hull). Typically its mounted inside the bilge area on the bottom near the drain plug...the best location for a shoot thru hull mount is the lowest area in the hull that is flat and this happens to be inside the bilge near the drain plug. Look there for a transducer. Also if you remove the dash panel is there a transducer wire plugged into the unit or a lose wire not connected to anything. On that era of unit I think the connector is blue but it could possibly be red. The older units were blue but you can hook them to a newer sonar if you bought a blue to red connector. The sonar cable that hooks to that unit will have a connector that is blue or possibly red.